my elusive holders again.i want to send for a birth certificate on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my elusive holders again.i want to send for a birth certificate on

joseph holder but i keep getting different birth dates i have 1830 and some some 1827.he was born in stroud gloucestershire
    i beleive his parents were edward holder and hester tainton.can some please check for me ;) brenda xxx

Brenda, if he was born in 1827 or 1830 then there won't be a birth certificate anyway, since civil registration only started in 1837. The nearest thing would be a baptism entry.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

right i will look on lds site see what i can find thankyou kite brenda xxx

Comment

Brenda, I had a look on my CDs and the only Joseph Holder with parents called Edward or Esther/Hester was:

Joseph Holder baptised on 29 JUN 1828 in WESTBURY ON SEVERN, ST PETER & ST PAUL son of RICHARD & ESTHER of Westbury. Richard was a tailor.

I can't find any Josephs with a father called Edward at all.

A Richard HOLDER married Esther White by Banns in Stroud on 19th December 1819.

But in case you don't have this:

Edward HOLDER married Hester Tainton by Banns in OWLPEN on 26th August

Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

im trying to find his parents and when i looked on ancestry i saw edward and hester with a son joseph it fitted in with mine brenda xxx

Comment

joseph married sarah gwinnell in 1951 in gloucestershire brenda xxx

Comment

Oops forgot the year for Edward/Hester - it was 1822.
              Caroline
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

i found the marriage lines it was edward on his mariage lines as father but he was deceased they were married at st nicholas church 28/07/1851 so who was edwards wife and what was the adress thats what i would love to find.brenda xxx

Comment

The Baptism and Marriage CDs only run until 1837 but in case it's useful, the Burials one has:

An Edward HOLDER was buried in OWLPEN (Holy Cross) Gloucestershire on 21 May 1831 aged 40 (calculated year of birth 1791).

There is a Hester with a Joseph aged 14 and Charles aged 10 in Uley in 1841 on ancestry.

Need to go and do other things now but will be able to look some more later.
                  Caroline

Comment

caroline i think that must be him,i know on the certificate he was deceased,maybe hester remarried?brenda xxx

Comment

Hi Brenda,

I have Edward Holder's death at 1842 in Westbury on Severn

Comment

Working...
                      X