Relatives from Chew Valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relatives from Chew Valley?

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but if you had relatives that came from the Chew Valley here is some footage of it before it was flooded to make the reservoir. Also good to watch if you had someone that was involved in the making of the reservoir. The film isn't very good quality but worth watching all the same

BBC - Bristol - Chew Valley: Before the reservoir

Oooh, that was interesting! Makes me want to visit the area. My Sages and Eastons came from all around there.

Comment

I know these have to be done for "progress"...but what a waste of beautiful countryside....allan:(
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

It is nice there Merry and you can see some beautiful birds too. Mind out for the ghosties though, local legend says it's haunted and at certain times of the year you can still hear the old church bell ringing

Comment

Allan, if they hadn't built the reservoir it would probably be an overgrown town by now

Comment

Thanks for the link Trish. The lake used to be a frequent Sunday afternoon drive in my childhood. Fascinating to see what it was like before it was flooded.
            Gillian
            User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I to remember childhood trips around the lake in the 60s.Generrations of my fathers family came from nearby Blagdon & one of his fathers brothers died during the construction of the reservoir at Blagdon

Comment

I went to a close friends marriage in Chew Magna - I guess that must be near. Lovely village, beautiful church.

Comment

Working...
                X