Old Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Photos

Does anyone know of a society or website that would be interested in some old photos? I have in my posession about a dozen or so pics that belonged to my step-grandfather. I have no interest in tracing his tree, and these photos are of people in the late 1800s maybe, and certainly very early 1900s, however I don't want them to die a death in the back of a cupboard never to be seen again.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

I would think any family history society or archives office would love it.

Where do you live? Someone on here is sure to know a place.
    Kit

Comment

I live in Fareham, Hampshire. Just been looking at the photos again, they are really fascinating. I will have to have a look around the web for some free face recognition software to see if any of them are of the same people at various times. If anyone has a genuine interest in them and can put them to good use, I am willing to part with them.
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

why do you want to part with them are they your family is there no-one in your family wants them.?its a shame if there your family.hope they find a good home brenda xxx

Comment

They are not my family. After my maternal nan died, my step-grandfather didn't want anything to do with my nan's family. I just dont want these fantastic photos to go unloved. They need a good home.
          Jules

Comment

That's such a shame Jules ... may we see them before you part with them ?

They might be useful on the FTF Costume Gallery

Family Tree Forum Costume Gallery - Family Tree Forum
            ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
              That's such a shame Jules ... may we see them before you part with them ?

They might be useful on the FTF Costume Gallery

Family Tree Forum Costume Gallery - Family Tree Forum
              I've just finished scanning them so will put them up in a little while.
              Jules

Comment

Working...
              X