1911 Look up Plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Look up Plz

Is anyone doing look ups for 1911, I would like to know if my great grandmothers brothers ever married

WILLIAM RILEY b 1860 Burnley Lancashire, father Henry Riley

HENRY RILEY born 1865 Burnley Lancashire father Henry Riley

I have not been able to find info on either of them.

Many Thanks Brenda
    Researching.......CHADDERTON , GILLETT, WHALLEY, RILEY, SUDWORTH ,COTTAM, DAWSON,HACKER....ALL FROM LANCASHIRE

I very much doubt that anyone would do look ups on the 1911 census as it is only available pay per view.

Have you managed to trace them through the census up to 1901 - going by their ages I would have thought that 1911 was possibly rather late in the day to get married!
    Elaine

Comment

and for some its working out rather expensive too.

I've managed to get 2 correct images - 1 wrong one and looked at a few transcriptions which has cost me over £18 so far.

I've left it now until the enhanced searching is working and the other counties are included.

Until it stops being pay per view and is available on subscription I don't think there will be many people doing lookups.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

OMG , I am so sorry ! And I never thought about them being married earlier......much earlier actually ! Plz forgive me !
        Researching.......CHADDERTON , GILLETT, WHALLEY, RILEY, SUDWORTH ,COTTAM, DAWSON,HACKER....ALL FROM LANCASHIRE

Comment

Where have you looked?

Have you found them on FreeBDM or in the other census's?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I have tried the free bmd sites but there are just so many henrys and williams in the burnley areas, and no i never even thought of trying other census'!

Comment

I've found a William Riley born 1860 Burnley in 1901 census

with wife Ruth 36,

children Victor 13, Albert 11, Alice 8, Jesse 4 and Gladys 6 months.

Do you think that's them?

Comment

Possible marriage

William Riley/Ruth Thornber
                Burnley
                Q3 1885

Comment

Possible Henry in 1901

Wife Martha Ann age 36

Children Hilda 11, Edith 7, Gladys 2

Comment

Got them on 1871 census

RG10; Piece: 4151; Folio: 115; Page: 43; GSU roll: 846734.

Father Henry 37 born Colne, Lancs - Cotton weaver
                    Mother Rosannah 33 born Lower House, Burnley
                    William 11 born Lower House, Burnley - cotton ? ?
                    Henry 6 born Lower House, Burnley

Comment

Got them on 1881 with a sister Betty age 9

Class: RG11; Piece: 4154; Folio: 135; Page: 34; Line: ; GSU roll: 1341995.

Mother is now Rose H.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                        I very much doubt that anyone would do look ups on the 1911 census as it is only available pay per view.
                        ... and apart from that I expect it might be against the Ts & Cs - I know it is against the Ts & Cs for FMP it was pointed out by Pippa and I have now read the T & C's very carefully for FMP.

Comment

Class: RG12; Piece: 3371; Folio 95; Page 21; GSU roll: 6098481.

Henry is 26 and a cotton weaver now married to Martha A age 26 -

no sign of the others yet

Comment

1901 - now moved to Blackpool

Class: RG13; Piece: 3973; Folio: 30; Page: 15.

Henry now 36 and a lodging house keeper

children Hilda 11, Edith 7, Gladys 2

Comment

Possible marriage for Henry

Burnley 1886 Q4

Unfortunately both brides on this page are named Martha Ann
                              so either Booker or Whittaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Breckland Jane View Post
                                Possible marriage for Henry

Burnley 1886 Q4

Unfortunately both brides on this page are named Martha Ann
                                so either Booker or Whittaker.
                                From LancsBMD Henry Riley married Martha Ann Whittaker
                                Lancashire Births Marriages & Deaths
                                Elaine

Comment

Class: RG12; Piece: 3371; Folio 89; Page 10; GSU roll: 6098481.

William at Lower House, Burnley with wife Ruth (transcribed as Kiley).

Children Victor H age 3
                                  Albert H age 1

Comment

I would suggest you get the free 14 day trial for ancestry.co.uk and using the old search method (where you can enter the reference and the page should come up).

You can then print off and/or save to your computer the census images. As long as you cancel before the 14 days then you shouldn't get charged.

Comment

just came in from work, and was astonished to see all this information, it truly brought tears to my ears, thank you so much everyone for all your help.

Very Kind Regards, brenda

Comment

Hi Brenda,
                                        There is this site "www.lan-opc.org.uk"...where you can search available church records for Burnley and other Lancashire towns. Go get a fresh cup of coffee and try it if you haven't already done so.

Comment

Working...
                                        X