1911 Help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Help please?

I am looking for my father Frederick David Dyer born 1900 in St Pancras, so he would be aged approximately 11 years, not sure the date the census was taken.

He is not at home with his mother Clara Ellen Dyer and brothers Edward and Alfred and not with grandparents either as far as I can see.

There is one other Frederick Dyer born 1900 in St Pancras but I believe this to be another relative, just place and year born coincidentally. I have looked at that transcript and its a totally different family, although dstantly related.

Father died in 1910, so am completely stuck and thought this woudl answer my prayers. Any suggestions please?

Have you tried Fred or David incase he is going by those names instead of Frederick.
    Fiona. xx

Comment

I'm struggling to find either him and parents in 1901 or Clara, Alfred and Edward in 1911.

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Comment

There is a Fred Dyer 11, living in Greenwich, London.

A Frederick Dyer 12, living Southwark, London

and a David Dyer 12 Living Islington, London.
        Fiona. xx

Comment

I've found your grandfather in 1901 (I think) a horsekeeper aged 27 and married, but his wife and son are not with him.

Have you found Clara and Frederick in 1901?

Comment

Clara and Frederick in 1901 were with Clara's parents in Sunninghill, Surrey. Frederick's father, was on his own 1901 as a horsekeeper as is suggested. He died in 1910.

Frederick Dyer from Greenwich definitely isn't mine, I have checked that one on the transcript.

In 1911 Clara (who for some reason suddenly decided to use her middle name of Ellen) is definitely on there with Alfred and Edward as I have the transcript.

My simple thought process was Frederick working somewhere, although I am conscious that he was still very young, and perhaps too young to be working. They were very poor so expect he might have to contribute somehow especially as there was no father at that time.

Comment

As a matter of interest what does Clara Ellen say about her numbers of children in 1911?

Comment

Oh, I suppose she didn't as she was a widow? None of my widows took any notice and still filled in all their marriage details etc!

Comment

On the transcription it does say she has 3 children, the two living with her and my father, whose lost at peresent!

Comment

She does say she is a widow, married for 13 years, with 3 children, and 3 still living, just one missing!

Comment

Oh, well that's a start! lol

Comment

There's a Fredrick (spelled that way) Dyer in Steyning district aged 10. He is a boarder in the household and there are no other Dyers with him. His place of birth includes the word London.

Comment

Looking at Frederick Dyers who might have a place of birth including the word London, there seems to be these three:

Births Mar 1900
                          Dyer Frederick Greenwich 1d 1143
                          Dyer Frederick Emmanuel Lambeth 1d 415

Births Mar 1901
                          Dyer Frederick David Pancras 1b 3

But in theory the first two should be 11, not 10. Obviously this doesn't mean the Frederick I saw is definitely yours; just weighing up the likelyhood!
                          Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 14-01-09, 19:46.

Comment

The birth that you mention, Merry, registered in March 1901 is in fact my father. I have now spent my 40 credits and looked at Fredrick Dyer, in Styning and I wonder if this may be him. His place of birth is shown as Kentish Town, London, but that is a stones throw from Camden Town, his actual place of birth! The place is obviously a children's home and I have downloaded the proper document but would like to know the address. I suppose the only way that I can find that out is to download the previous page to see if it gives any more info unless anyone has any more suggestions.

Comment

Isn't the postal address at the bottom right for childrens homes? The same as it is for houses.
                              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

That was what I had thought but I have now looked either side and can't see an address!

Comment

The transcript itself shows no address, the transcript to the right shows a family and does not show an address and the one the other way just shows one man living there who was I think a groom.

Comment

I meant on the bottom right of the original document Gill, but I assume you have looked all over. What a pain that is going to be for everyone with people in homes
                                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes I have looked all over and as you say its a pain!

Comment

Now that I have looked further I have found address, I just needed to scroll down a bit further! Sorry for time wasting! I now need to find the Ceciliasonie House, Upper Shoreham Road, Southwick, Shoreham, Portslade by Sea. Sounds like a lot of names of places all in one address, but perhaps someone else can through some light on this?

Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond!

Comment

Working...
                                        X