Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enumerator details coming for 1911

From 1911 census ...

"The enumerators’ summary books are not available yet, but when they are (shortly after launch) you will be able to view up to eight extra pages that are associated with any household schedules you have paid for, at no extra cost. If you are registered, you will receive an email as soon as they go online."

Do you think this means we will be able to view neighbours at no further loss of credits?
    Bridget

Originally posted by BridgetM View Post
    Do you think this means we will be able to view neighbours at no further loss of credits?
    No I think it means that you will be able to view subsequent pages that list people in the same household - and I wish I had known that before.

I found my great grandmother on the census living in Greenwich and hoped she might be living with my grandparents who seem to be mistranscribed. Hoping they were in the same household I decided to pay to look at the transcription of her entry.
    She was the only one listed on the sheet and was listed as lodger. I then looked at a further 5 transcriptions to get the rest of the household to see if grandparents were there - but they weren't. In effect I wasted 50 credits! :(
    Elaine

Comment

Well that's very interesting and sort of gives me a bit of hope as I'm sure some of mine must have been mistranscribed because they just don't come up when I search.
      I'll be content to sit back and wait before I spend any dosh
      ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Now I'm really confused...

Here's what I posted elsewhere the other day.

""Hi folks - seems like I was wrong about this yesterday with the info I got from the FAQ in the official census site. The usual pages we are used to seeing will not be coming later. The following is from the FFHS site which I got a link to in an email a few minutes ago from UKBMD.org See last para;

Natalie Ceeney, Chief Executive of The National Archives said:

"The 1911 census holds more information than the 1901 census. It is also the first census where the householder's schedule has remained the master entry, rather than the enumerator's notes, so researchers are actually able, in most cases, to view their actual ancestors' handwriting when looking at 1911 census entries. This will be an invaluable resource for anyone who is working hard to trace their family's history."

Also available are the enumerators' summary sheets which give information and statistics on their locality. These will be added to the site when all the household schedules are complete
        ""

Different sites are giving us conlicting info.

What is it exactly we'll be getting later?? The enumerators notes book/schedules or just the summary sheets? Can anybody come up with a definitive answer.

To me, a summary sheet is the description of the area contained in the schedule and a total of the number of souls etc.

Comment

Working...
        X