1911 error report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 error report

one of mine was a daughter described as M for male so I clicked the report error button which prompted an automatic e-mail to me. WOnder if they will change it. Its one that I didnt look at the original so dont know if it was a slip of the finger for the transcriber or the enumerator.

The enumerators' books aren't available yet, are they? I thought the transcription was done from the householder's form?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Of the few original images I've looked at so far at least two have been filled in incorrectly! The original form asked for "Age of Males" in one column and "Age of Females" in the next and the Head of household (or whoever!) has put everyone's ages down in the first (male) column. Fortunately for me in both cases he realised his mistake and corrected it but I expect that there are a lot who didn't spot the error!
      Sue

Comment

I've seen a lot where the number of children info has been filled in for the man as well as for the woman.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
        X