Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1911census: We are sorry but the image is not currently available.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911census: We are sorry but the image is not currently available.

Has anyone had this message when trying to look at an original image? If so what did you do? Thought I'd check before contacting them.

Yes, I had it a few times yesterday for some in Lancashire. I just chose the transcript instead. I can't see the point of contacting them about it?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Update: They have automatically sent me an email with a ref no. and will investigate. They say they aim to resolve within two working days ...... let's see!

Comment

John I emailed them yesterday and am still waiting. They say they response within 48 hours so I'm hoping.
        Kit

Comment

The letter sent out two days ago suggested that the original image was not going to be available for a while as they want as many people as possible to use the site, without it crashing and it is quicker and easier to look at the transcript rather than the actual image, but you can save the actual image to your hard drive and view it yourself from there, which I have done wth my grandparents' image.

Janet

Comment

No, that message that John is referring to is one that you only get if the image is not available at all, not for the ones where you can download it.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thank you Kite

Janet

Comment

just tried to register, and a page came up...... 'experiencing technical problems at the moment'. oh well will have to go to work then lol

Comment

Not heard from 1911census support about my problem yet but what I've found is that everytime I get the problem, as mentioned in the thread title I receive three emails, all with different reference numbers, from 1911census support saying:

Thank you for contacting The 1911 Customer Support Team.

Your enquiry has been received and has been assigned call number nnnnn

Please reply to this email if making any enquiries about the status of your enquiry.

We aim to resolve all enquiries within two working days.

The 1911 Customer Support Team

I'd be quite happy with just one email! I think that something must be a little squwiff with their system.

Comment

If you reply to an email then you get another email with another number too.

But they did reply to my query within the 48 hours, however I eventually solved my problem myself.
                    Kit

Comment

I've not heard anything from 1911census support yet. They haven't even responded to my replies. Is anyone experiencing the same problem from their support services or is it just me?

Comment

No John I've sent 3 emails and had replies within 48 hours. Even for the blank one I sent accidently.
                        Kit

Comment

This is the email address I've been using Kit.

1911 Customer Support Team [support@1911census.co.uk]

I guess it's the same address that you used.

I've had no replies to my original email on the 14th Jan or anything since.

Comment

Did you get an automated reply with a reference number?
                            Kit

Comment

Just realised you'd already said you had an automated reply but that it was strange. I'd email again, quote the numbers and say you have had no reply.

Also check your spam just in case the reply went there.
                              Kit

Comment

Have done everything you suggested Kit but still no response to anything. Definitely nothing in spam/junk.

I guess I will just have to continue emailing them and hope that I will get a response sometime.

Comment

It must be annoying John esp as others seem to be getting a response.

I just wonder if they actually did receive your first one seeing as you got the 3 emails. As you say something seems wrong there.
                                  Kit

Comment

It's a little frustrating to say the least. My impression of them was high in the beginning but it's plummeted now.

I have had quite a few emails with reference numbers that were generated automatically from their system when the errors occurred. I think I must have sent a reply for each one now. I can't believe that they haven't received at least one of my emails.

Comment

Hallo John

I had a problem in seeing an image when the beta version was available. I emailed and was told there was no problem.

When the site was launched I still couldn't see the image but they took 30 credits anyway!

Emailed again. They refunded my credits and acknowledged that there was a problem and they would contact me when it was rectified.

It still isn't sorted, although the site does say I have paid for the image already.
                                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Ahh just looked at one of mine where I couldn't see the image and it now says when I have the choice of a transcription or image that the image is not available. No idea why but I'm sure they'll sort the problem out at some point. But at least that message should be more helpful to people than just not getting anything. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                        X