Ollivette Lancaster: Marriage and/or Death help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ollivette Lancaster: Marriage and/or Death help please

Could anyone help me find a marriage and/or death for Ollivette (Olivette) Jane Lancaster please.

Details:
    Birth: c1900 in Lancaster
    1901 Census: Lancaster (aged 1, living with Parents)
    1911 Census: Aldbro, Yorkshire (aged 11, living with Grandparents)

Her parents were William & Frances Lancaster.

I think Ollivette's mother (Frances) died in 1905, Selby district. This may be why she is living with her grandparents in 1911.

I haven't found out what happened to Ollivette's father (William) yet. He isn't really of too much interest to me at the moment.

Ollivette had a sister (Lillian), bc1904. The sister emigrated and I know what happened to her.

Any help would be most appreciated.

sorry john...nothing on freesearch for olivette...but I found these if they are of any help
    Frances Lancaster died 1905 Selby aged 28 vol9c page 533
    William Henry Lancaster died 1904 aged 1 vol 8e page 581.(possible brother).....the only 2 in Lancaster I could find.....I`ll have a check on Lancashire bmd...allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

found Olivette Jane Lancaster born 1900 Lancaster ref No LAN/95/27
      mothers maiden name ...Dunn...just going to check if there`s a marriage for Olivette Dunn in Yorksbmd..she may have taken her Mothers maiden name if she lived with her grandparents in Selby...allan;)
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Many thanks for having a look Allan.

The Selby reference you found for Frances Lancaster is the one I have and I believe that it is probably the correct one.

Ollivette's father was William Rawling Lancaster, he was born in Durham, c1878 and I've not had too much luck with what happened to him.

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
        sorry john...nothing on freesearch for olivette...but I found these if they are of any help
        Frances Lancaster died 1905 Selby aged 28 vol9c page 533
        William Henry Lancaster died 1904 aged 1 vol 8e page 581.(possible brother).....the only 2 in Lancaster I could find.....I`ll have a check on Lancashire bmd...allan;)
        Last edited by Guest; 14-01-09, 08:23.

Comment

That's the correct Olivette living with the Dunns. On the 1911 census she is down as Ollivette Jane Lancaster so it appears that her surname didn't change. I guess it's possible that it may have changed after the 1911 census but I'm sort of doubtful.

There is an Olivette Dunn involved but she is actually the sister of Frances.

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
          found Olivette Jane Lancaster born 1900 Lancaster ref No LAN/95/27
          mothers maiden name ...Dunn...just going to check if there`s a marriage for Olivette Dunn in Yorksbmd..she may have taken her Mothers maiden name if she lived with her grandparents in Selby...allan;)

Comment

Working...
          X