Google Books Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Books Help

Can anyone see if they can see the snippet for me?

New Brunswick Vital Statistics from Newspapers‎
    by Daniel Fred Johnson, New Brunswick Genealogical Society Vital Statistics Committee - Registers of births, etc
    Friday 28th Oct., Emily Caroline d/o William Henry DRAKE and Louisa DRAKE, age 8 years 8 mos. 1879 d. Wednesday morn., 2nd inst., age 3 and half, ...

I searched "william Henry Drake"
    Kit

Yes John but can you get the snippet view of that? I can't get it to appear.
    Kit

Comment

I couldn't see the snippet either but you could try emailing the New Brunswick provincial archives. They seem to have Daniel Johnston's newspaper vital statistics on-line, but I couldn't find the entry you're interested in. Given that you have the date and details, perhaps they will look it up for you. E-mail is at the very bottom of the page.
      Provincial Archives of New Brunswick :: Daniel F Johnson's New Brunswick Newspaper Vital Statistics.

PS: Haven't forgotten your BC look-up and hope to get to the library within the week.
      Jenny

Comment

The snippet shown isn't the bit about the Drakes anyway, it shows 1871 and 1872 stuff about different families.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I know Kate, that's my problem. I was wondering if anyone could get the proper snipet to appear.

Thanks Jenny, I'll check that out and as for the other, whenever you can, no rush.
          Kit

Comment

Jenny, that website did have the transcript! I had to search but it was there.

Off now to see what else is there.
            Kit

Comment

Kit, they don't always have the snippet view that matches the text.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It is annoying. Somewhere on the site it says you are supposed to see a snippet about your search request so I take that to mean I should see what I'm requesting.

But it's all sorted as I have the transcript thanks to Jenny.
                Kit

Comment

Working...
                X