Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Overseas Military Establishments

Hi,

I have just recieved an email from the 1911 Census site.

It lists all the counties that are already on the site, and will be put on in the coming months. In this second list, it states, Overseas Military Establishments.

It may be a dumb question, but does this mean all Military establishments are included on the 1911 census. Would I be right in saying that they are not on any other census?

I have an ancester who was serving in India, so great if they are!!

Tippin
    Families Intrested in
    Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

I'm waiting for my grandfather who was in the Royal Navy, and he could be anywhere in the world!

If I dig about I might be able to find out where he was (or at least with which ship) as I have his naval record.

I bet they are the last ones to come on line. :(
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Tippin

I'm sure I read somewhere in the blurb that this is the first time overseas military establishments have been included in the England and Wales census, also british (?) ships.

OC

Comment

Working...
      X