Help on foreign information release please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on foreign information release please

My family research is split into two distinct avenues, mother English, father Polish. Although I have managed to obtain some info on the Polish side there is still a lot to do. My grandfather was killed in the Uprising 1944, grandmother died not long after, of a 'broken heart'. Two uncles, believed in the underground army, were executed at Dachau 1944. Some time ago I was told that the Russians were releasing German documents they held, some concerning the Uprising and others the concentration camps. I can't find out if they have or where they might be, can anybody help me please.

My suggestion for finding the released documents is to google or ask about them on the following message boards, where you will also find Poland has a specific country message board......
    Rootsweb.com
    genforum.genealogy.com
    genealogylinks.net
    Karen x

Comment

How very sad to have this terrible conflict affect your family so closely.

You may find some useful information here: Dachau Concentration Camp Records | Making a Family Tree
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks very much for your help Sand Dancer and Little Nell. Hopefully I will now be able to fill in a few more gaps.

Comment

Working...
        X