Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Census Look Up Please for ...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census Look Up Please for ...............

I have found a possible rellie on family search for 1881 in Middlesex London, his name is Henry J Caron aged 44 in 1881 listed with his daughter Elizabeth aged 21 years both born in Bethnal Green also listed is his sister Mary Smithson. I wondered if it is possible for someone to do a look up for any previous census so I can possibly establish if he is connected to my Carons all born in Bethnal Green possibly a brother to Pierre ( Peter) and to find out if there were anymore siblings. I feel that it is a possibly a relation as 1. the ones I have already got were born in Bethnal Green, 2. the women also were something to do with Sewing or seamstress or haberdashery etc, 3. The family all had a musical background at some point in their lives. 4. Elizabeth seemed to be a common name or middle name

Thank you for any replies in advance as I might have to go offline shortly but be back on a bit later.

Here they are in the 1871 census marie

Henry J Caron Hd Wid 36 Professor of music born Bethnal Green
    Mary E Caron dau 13 scholar born MEOT
    Elizabeth Caron dau 11 scholar born Bethnal Green
    Mary Smythson sister Mar 34 Fancy Trimming hand born Bethnal Green

They were living at 20 Mayfield Street in Hackney

Comment

Have just found possibly Henry J's father in the 1861

Henry Caron Hd M 47 comedian born Bethnal Green
      Sarah Caron wife M 34 vocalist born Kent Margate
      Francois Caron son 11 I think it says musician, and not too sure of where he was born in Middlesex. Maybe someone else would like to have a look at this RG 9/254 page 1

They are living at 79 Green Street in Bethnal Green - which was a pub "Lord John Russell"

I will have another look for Henry J Caron

Comment

I haven't been able to find Henry J Caron in either the 1861 or 1851 census
        maybe someone else would like to have a look for him

In the 1851 census though I did find Henry Caron again he was 38 and a booth keeper at fairs
        Sarah his wife was 28, Sidwell Snell was a visitor aged 12 and Francis Caron, his son, was 1 (this time it was Francis and not Francois) They were living at 85 Green Street in Bethnal Green
        Hope this helps Marie, but I am sorry I couldn't find Henry J Caron for you in the other census

Comment

Hello again Marie, I have just found them on the 1841 census, but the writing is faded and hard to read

Bacon Street in Bethnal Green

Henry Caron 25 singer (I think)
          Sarah Caron 22
          Mary Groves?? 16 winder?? difficult to read both the surname and occupation
          Elizabeth " 15 "

Comment

Back again Marie, this time with the 1891 census, and I think your Henry J Caron - going by the age, although he doesn't use the J

122 Mayfield Road
            Henry Caron Head M 54 Musician born B/Gr
            May " wife M 40 tie maker Hab Born St Lukes
            May V Smythson sister 52 fancy trimming maker born B/Gr
            Edith Caron dau 7 born Hackney
            Elizabeth Jones dau wid 31 fancy trimming maker born B/Gr
            Richard H " grandson 8 born B/Gr

I looked for Francis and found him transcribed as CORON in the 1871 living in MEOT
            he was 24 and a musician born City of London and he had a wife Julia aged 20 a songstress from Lincolnshire Their address was 54 West Street

Hope this info gives you some good leads and you can work out if he is one of your ancestors. They certainly seemed to be musical, and some of the ladies worked with trimmings etc. Good luck

Comment

Thank you so much Val, Sorry I havent been on till now as I had to go out, I have a strong feeling they are part of my family just not sure they are the direct line I was hoping for, however I think you have uncovered another branch for me to investigate.

Thankyou Again

Comment

Working...
              X