looking for family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for family

I am trying to find Anything on William Skillinand his wife Elizabeth, they lived in the Village of Inniskillinin Northern Ireland, some of their children were John - William - Joseph - Elizabeth and Henry, Hanry had a son and grand-son named Henry and a great grand-son named Joseph, they moved to England and in the early 1800 moved to Austrilia. I have found the Australian side of the family but having trouble with the rest. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE:o

I know it is hard to research Ireland. Hopefully someone will come along who has more knowledge than I do.

PS Welcome to FTF.
    Kit

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Deena.

I can't see anyone with that surname on Ancestry or Family search.

I'm sure when the up-overs wake up someone will help.

Comment

Up-overs sounds very complicated and/or posh, Libby. lol
        Kit

Comment

Well..............let them think they are above us.....lol

I'll stay down-under. (less distance to fall....lol)

Comment

Well there are some Skillin's in County Down in 1911, if that helps but I have no idea if they are yours.

The link is:

National Archives

The Irish census is not completely online yet so it may be worth checking at a later time.
            Kit

Comment

There are some Enniskillen records here: Enniskillen Parish
              and links to some more Fermanagh records in the Wiki: Fermanagh - Family Tree Forum

You might also find something here: Irish World Heritage Centre - Online Searching of Irish ancestral and genealogy records (Births, Deaths, Marriages) for Co. Fermanagh (pay-per-view) or here: Griffiths Valuation
              Sarah

Comment

thanks to all, it is so hard to find information when no one talked about family back in the OLD days. I will keep looking, my Children and I would love to know our family roots. we are doing up our tree. Thank for the links Cloggie, I'll see if I can find something there.

Comment

thanks to all, it is so hard to find information when no one talked about family back in the OLD days. I will keep looking, my Children and I would love to know our family roots. we are doing up our tree. Thank for the links Cloggie, I'll see if I can find something there. I'll look in National Archives to, Kit the Kat

Comment

Working...
                  X