Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone like to guess what the word says please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone like to guess what the word says please?

It looks like the word 'nephew' has been written over another word(s). Could anyone tell me what they think the other word(s) might be please.
    Last edited by Guest; 14-01-09, 01:42.

The last few letters may be 'one' but I can't make out the beginning at all.
    Kit

Comment

It looks to me like they've written 'niece' then changed their mind and realised it was a boy!

Comment

Hi Kit & debbiecamera,

You could well be right with 'niece' but the second word is still a bit of a mystery. The end part does look a little like 'one'. I was also thinking could it be 'spouse' but then again that would be a little strange as well.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

John could we get a bit more of the page? It might give us a bit more of an idea.
          Kit

Comment

I think it is neice and what looks like 'one' at the end is a combination of the crossing out line being a squiggle and an overlap by the 'nephew'.

Hugo

Comment

I think 'niece's spouse' would fit quite nicely. Many people would still call a niece's spouse a nephew even if it was only by marriage

Anne

Comment

I've updated the first post with a new image, not sure if it helps though.

The boy ('Nephew') is actually the son of Frieda.

Maybe the overwritten word is some silly mistake and not relevant but there is a lot of mystery surrounding this family and I was just trying to determine whether the crossed out word may have given some little clue that could help put another piece in the puzzle.

Thank you again for all your suggestions.

Comment

My first thought was visitor - then looked at neice above and thought perhaps a mistake was made and corrected to nephew.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Hi Jbee, I've updated the image in the first post again. The word 'Visitor' is now shown on the third line. I think it's a little different but thank you very much for having a try. Maybe it was just 'niece'.
                    Last edited by Guest; 14-01-09, 05:51.

Comment

OH and I agree with each other - Niece's son.
                      Kit

Comment

Thanks for your help everyone and to Kit's OH. I think at this stage I will stick with the likelihood that it may well be 'Niece's son.'
                        Last edited by Guest; 14-01-09, 05:53.

Comment

Sorry I can't tell what the other word says John but it does look like its written in the centre of the space, not on the line, I wonder why.
                          Kathleen

Comment

Working...
                          X