Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of Picture

Hi,

Could anyone put a rough date for the Photo I have attached.

The picture is on cardboard about 2mm thick, and has no information/printing of any sort on the reverse.

Thanks for any help,
    Tippin

Thats Better!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tippin; 14-01-09, 17:02.
    Families Intrested in
    Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comparing this to photo's I have it appears to be early 1900's, that is up to 1920.

Hope this is some help.

Kathleen

Comment

1914.s brenda xxxx

Comment

Hello Tippin
        Hope you didn't mind .. I've enlarged it to make it easier to see

If you'd like a restore/clean-up (or colour) then the Photo Restore Board is here

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I had always thought that the photo was one of the oldest I had. So I am amazed to find it could be as late as the 1920's. If it is that late, I have no idea who he is - I had always though he was a Knight relative, but all the male's in the family had died out by 1900!

Just a quick qurey as well, how do you get the pictures into the posts. I had tried to do this on my origonal post, but it keept asking for a weblink. Do I have to put the picture on the net first? The picture on my computer is bigger than the one attached to my message, so it may show up better if I add the picture to the post, and the same for any I am post in the future.

And thanks for the offer for a restoration/clean-up. To be honest, the picture is well preserved. It sits on cardboard about 2mm thick, and so has never been bent in any way. But I know there are others I have which have not fared so well!

Tippin
          Families Intrested in
          Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

Hi Tippin,

This thread explains how to insert a photo into a thread using Photobucket: How to Use Photobucket - Family Tree Forum
            Sarah

Comment

Great, Thanks Cloggie!

I will give it a go when I get home!

Tippin
              Families Intrested in

Comment

Working...
              X