I think its Katherine also
      Pam

Comment

I nearly said Bailey! ;)

It is Katherine Jones.

Comment

I agree with all the others.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I agree Katherine Jones
            With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Agreed, Katherine Jones.

Janet

Comment

Thanks folks. That's someone I've not come across so far! Could be a relative but with the name Jones, could well not be also.

Thanks again
                Hail Spode!

Comment

Hey in my experience witnesses are usually related if not very good friends or potential marriage partners to siblings or relations. Or they have some other significance to the family.

Comment

Quite often unrecognised females turn out to marry a brother of the bride or groom later on. Or she might just be the chief bridesmaid, friend of the bride and no relative. Of course you don't know if she's Miss Jones or Mrs Jones!
                    ~ with love from Little Nell~
                    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hmm interesting! Thanks for the info.
                      Hail Spode!

Comment

Added observation...

Male witness names are sometimes the sexton, churchwarden, clerk, or other regular church person who witnessed any wedding during his tenure of office. This is much less likely to apply for a female name... That increases the chance that this name will have some particular relevance to one or other party of the marriage.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                        X