What a great website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great website!

NOt sure if this is old news but I just came accross this website...

Gravestone Photographic Resource Project home page

NOt all counties are included but I was quite impressed with what has been done so far! Having said that I didn't find any of mine but will certainly bookmark it for the future!!

I'll second that! Not only did I receive the photo of my gg grandparents grave at Epworth but had the option of being put in touch with anyone else who requested the photo - so I am now in touch with another distant cousin.

Comment

thanks for that. Had a look but none in the areas I am researching. Will keep it on file.

Jan x

Comment

None of mine on there yet but it seems very easy to use with lots of different search types.

Anne

Comment

Hadn't seen the site before so thanks Deb.
          Dawn

Comment

Fantastic site, got my great great great grandparents gravestone, almost immediate response as well - would definitely recommend the site

Comment

Looks like a good website. None of mine as yet.

They're asking for volounteers for if anyones wandering round a cemetery, take your camera.
              Kit

Comment

Thanks, Its great even though none of mine yet..

]

Comment

Put it on file thanks, with a bit of luck someone will do "my" areas...

Comment

Redacted

Comment

Originally posted by Kit the Kat View Post
                      Looks like a good website. None of mine as yet.

They're asking for volounteers for if anyones wandering round a cemetery, take your camera.

I think if I'm gonna volunteer I'll wait 'till the summer months!!! It might be worth checking back then as I'm sure most volunteering will be done in warmer/dryer weather!!

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                        For anyone with ancestors buried in Leeds, this site is fantastic - and still developing -

Yorkshire Indexers

You have to pay a subscription - I joined at the Family History Fair at York Race course, this year - and it is a useful site.
                        I help transcribe for the yorkshire indexers and it is a really good site - mainly for Leeds people though as it has Leeds burial grounds on and the 1937 electoral roll amongst other things

Comment

I have just found my 3 x G Grandparents grave with 2 of their children.

I have the info but tried the council for where it was and they wanted to charge £25 per head so didn't bother.

There is also another possibility and will look into that tonight, as it is only a distant aunt and uncle.

Lin
                          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                          X