Adlington family help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adlington family help required

Good afternoon everyone, I would welcome some fresh pairs of eyes and couple of brain cells on the following problem I have:

John Adlington dob circa 1825 Kemberton Shropshire.
    John marries Maria Northall (b 01/01/181827 Madeley Shropshire) at the Madeley Parish Church 01/10/1849
    Details as follows
    John ADLINGTON, Full Age, Bachelor, Collier, Blests Hill Madeley, Thomas Adlington, Wheelwright (? faint print) see scan below
    Maria NORTHALL, Full Age, Spinster, No Occupation, Blests Hill Madeley, Samuel Northall, Collier

I have John and Maria on the census from 1851 thru to 1901 and he consistantly gives his yob as 1825 +/- 2, on the '51, '71 & '81 pob = Kemberton Shropshire and on the '61, 91, & 01 pob = Madeley Shropshire, these two places are about 3 miles apart.

Now assuming I have read the occupation of John's father correctly, I've been looking for a Thomas ADLINGTON a Wheelwright, I found the following in 1841 H0107/909/13/19 and in 1851 H0107/1987/381/32
    Thomas along with wife Elizabeth and a number of kids, there is a John but he is to young. As this Thomas was born c 1801, I thought he may have been married before and had John to his first wife.
    I've looked on the IGI and have found the following marriages
    Thomas ADLINGTON - Susannah HILTON 26/10/1820 Wombridge Salop M064901
    Thomas ADLINGTON - Elizabeth PARTON 06/12/1836 Wombridge M064901
    this is the Elizabeth on the above census.
    What I haven't found is any trace of Susannah after 1820
    Nor have a found any trace of John's birth, baptism or on the '41 census
    Any help/assistance with the above would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    L

Just a minor correction, it's Blists Hill with an "i".
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I suspect you will need to check original parish registers rather than what you can find online.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
      X