Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO delivery

Afternoon all!

I ordered a cert last week with a despatch date of the 9th Jan (yesterday). Are they reliable at the moment? You know how impatient us researchers can be!! lol I was sort of hoping I might get it today

I ordered 2 on monday with a dispatch date of 09/01 and recieved them @ 9.00 am Fiday 9th, and they were copies of the cert's not retyped ones.
    So I'm best pleased, I don't usually order from the GRO, I get most of mine from the local offices because of the originality of them, but I'm imptessed with the GRO at this time.
    Regards
    L

Comment

I ordered some certs on wednesday and 2 have arrived this morning!...very quick service!

Sandra
      Sandra:smilee:

Comment

Thanks L and Sandra - I don't think our postie has been yet so I could get them today

Comment

I ordered one late at night on the 6th of Jan with a dispatch date of the 13th and low and behold i recieved mine today. I was really chuffed at the speed of it.

Danny
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

The cert has just arrived and I'm delighted!

The cert I ordered was a bit of a gamble as I couldn't be sure it was mine. I noticed a birth and a death in the indexes of a James Meager in 1897 and although my 3xggparents appeared to have stopped having children by then it just kept niggling at me that they could have had another - and I was right!! So this cert doesn't further my research in anyway but it does make it more complete!!!

Comment

Originally posted by It_Is_I_Leclerc View Post
              I ordered 2 on monday with a dispatch date of 09/01 and recieved them @ 9.00 am Fiday 9th, and they were copies of the cert's not retyped ones.
              So I'm best pleased, I don't usually order from the GRO, I get most of mine from the local offices because of the originality of them, but I'm imptessed with the GRO at this time.
              Regards
              L
              Just in case it makes a difference.......all certs dispatched from the GRO are copies of the originals. 99.9% of the Victorian ones will be handwritten at the end of the quarter in which the event was registered, either by the local registrar or by the C of E vicar.

I was just concerned you might think any signatures were originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                Just in case it makes a difference.......all certs dispatched from the GRO are copies of the originals.
                Not the "overseas" GRO ones, though - I've seen two recently both of which had been copied out by hand.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                  Not the "overseas" GRO ones, though - I've seen two recently both of which had been copied out by hand.
                  Oops - I've never bought one of those! lol

Comment

Merry
                    What I was trying (very badly) to say that in the past when I've got them from the GRO they have been typed up and that is another chance to c**k up the transcription
                    L

Comment

You must be a special case! lol

I've never had a typed cert from the GRO! (at least, not one from before 1900)

Comment

I'm a case alright, but special no chance

Comment

lolol

Comment

Working...
                          X