Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis and Frances Ripley on 1841 census

Hello Everyone

I am looking for the above couple on 1841 census. I have found a death in Jun 1841 in Rotherham for Francis (Male)and a burial on FHOL at 14 Jun 1841 Tinsley aged 74.

They married in Kegworth Leics in Oct 1804 and had all the children except 1 bap in Hough on the hill Lincs.

John 1807, Thomas 1810,bingham, Elizabeth 1812 , Susannah 1816 and Joseph 1824.

John is my ancestor and was in Kimberworth area until his wife died and then moved back to Hough. I know all about him.

I have Frances (mother) on 1851 census in Kimberworth Ho107 Piece 2344 Folio 31 page 21 and in 1861 in Brinsworth RG9 Piece 3505 Folio 103 page 11 living with her married daughter Elizabeth.

Frances (mother ) is buried in Hough on the Hill Lincs Nov 1866. I have the parish record of the burial.

I am trying to send for the death certs but want to make sure the one in Tinsley is him and their wereabouts in 1841. 1841 census was taken on 6 Jun so they should be there somewhere.

Thanking you

Lin
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

There's a couple on the census in 1841 at Tinsley called Francis and Frances. The surname is indexed as Kepley rather than Ripley, but the entry could be either really! The only problem is, the man is recorded as 65 rathther 70 (he should have been rounded down from 74). The wife is recorded as 55.

Do you know your chap's occupation? This man is a tailor.

Comment

Frances (mother ) is buried in Hough on the Hill Lincs Nov 1866. I have the parish record of the burial.

I can't see a death reg for this? How old was she?

Comment

Thanks Merry

I just popped out to take some photos for the POW's on the Wiki.

I'm having a 'me' day today.

That sound very likely. The only Francis Ripley I could find being bap in Keyworth was bap Jun 1775 so that would fit in but as usual it is only guesswork. That was partly why I was a bit worried about the death/burial.

Sorry Frances died 1865, a typo error on my behalf.

I think everything is solved and this is my man. Off to order both the death certs now.

I forgot to say that on one of the census Frances said she was a Tailors widow!!

Thanks again Merry. I knew one of the clever people on here would solve my problem

Lin
        Last edited by Lin Fisher; 10-01-09, 10:43.
        Lin

Comment

Just had a look at the census and I'm sure its them.

On FHOL is the burials taken from the headstones or the parish records? Probably not likely to have a headstone knowing my lot!!

I will order the cert and see what that says anyway but the age is still a bit out but fits with the bap I have.

Thanks Lin
          Lin

Comment

The FHOL entry will be from the PR's unless it's described as a Memorial Inscription entry.

Comment

Thanks Merry

The only discrepency now is his age at burial at the mo. Will see what the death cert says. Being dispached next Friday.

Thanks Lin
              Lin

Comment

Working...
              X