Chesworth Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesworth Family

Can anyone help me out. I am searching for the parents of Abraham Chesworth born in Allostock, Cheshire in 1736. I have traced many Chesworths before this date including wills but I cannot find any trace of Abrahams parents or siblings. I know he married Mary Johnson in 1766 and that he had three children ,Ellen 1766, Thomas 1769 and Mary 1772. [there may be others.] I need this link to join up my tree. Most of my research has been done on the internet or through the Cheshire Registery office. If I don't have any success soon I will have to make a trip to Chester to visit the archives and search the Parish records. Hope there is someone out there who can help. Jude.

Hello Jude and welcome to FTF.

How do you know when and where he was born?

OC

Comment

Chesworth Family.

I had a seach done by the Cheshire registry office and they found the dates. Abrahams daughter Mary born 1722 gave birth to a chance child Thomas Chesworth who was born in Allostock, Cheshire in 1806. He was my GGGranddad.

Comment

Cheshire register office (or rather register offices in Cheshire) would only have records relating to civil registration (1837 onwards). Did you mean Cheshire Records Office?

Have you traced your g-g-granddad back in the censuses with his family so you can be pretty certain where and when he was born and what his parents were called?

You say you want to join up your tree. Do you mean you want to work backwards or that you have a family you want to graft your rellies on to? Working backwards step by step is the only reliable way of ensuring you have the right people. Even than it's easy to pick the wrong marriage etc.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Jude

Abraham's daughter Mary born 1722 gave birth to a chance child in 1806? She can't have done!

Ah, sorry, Mary born 1772, lol!

You don't have to travel to Cheshire to see parish records, you can hire the films from your nearest LDS family history centre, for a nominal amount. See familysearch site for details of your nearest centre, and whether they have the film you need.

OC

Comment

Jude, if the Cheshire record office found an entry for Abraham Chesworth's baptism at Allostock in 1736 then they should be able to tell you his father's name at least, unless the parents' / father's name is unreadable in both the parish register and bishop's transcripts (in which case it is unlikely that anybody else will be able to find out his parents' names - unless he is mentioned in one of those wills). If they didn't find his baptism at Allostock in 1736 then as far as I can see, you don't know when and where he was born?
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X