Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Hannah Judith Harrison

Gulp!

I was idly googling names yesterday and came across an entry on RootsChat about William Sephton who married May HJ Harrison in 1916. William is one of mine, and when I checked my tree I found that I had his wife down as Mary Hannah Judith Harrison, but with no details of parents, birth or source.

I have spent hours this morning tryting to find her again, but haven't been able to.

Can anybody find her for me please?

(And yes I know I have committed a cardinal sin by not noting the source!) :o
    Let's re-arrange the deck-chairs

FreeBMD has her marriage index entry transcribed as May and looking at the scan of the original index page it certainly looks like May not Mary.
    There doesn't apear to be a May Hannah Harrison on the birth indexes but there is Mary hannah J born Q1 1896 Market Harboro' . Could this be her?
    The marriage index could have been an error if her name was hard to read in the register, or she could have just preferred to be known as May.
    Last edited by JudithM; 09-01-09, 11:30.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks Judith - the only reason I am looking is that the poster on RootsChat had her as Mary as well ...

I have a possible Mary Hannah J b 1896 in Market Harborough (7a 12)

Comment

?

Births Mar 1896
        Harrison Mary Hannah J Mt. Harbro' 7a 12

Comment

Couldn't it just be a typo on Rootschat?

Comment

Oops I posted before I had finished typing, and by the time I had edited in the rest of my message you were all there ahead of me!
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Could be, although I'm beginning to wonder if the RootsChat poster has been misled - her Mary was born 1892 to canal boat people ...

Comment

I can't see the 1896 Mary/May in 1901 :(

Comment

Nor me Merry.

Comment

In fact I can't find any relevant Harrisons either born in or living in Market Harborough!

Comment

mark i have sent you a pm

Comment

Hi Mark

Iwas the 'poster' on the other site. She is definately a Mary and would have been my great aunt - my aunt who is still living remembers her and Bert (ram) staying with them as children. Mary was adopted (don't know if legally) by a family called Lightfoot. Do you have any more information about her?

cheers
                        Ginger

Comment

Hi Ginger! Not at present I'm afraid - I have pm-ed you thgough ....

Comment

Working...
                          X