patsy spruhan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patsy spruhan

hi everyone, hope you all had a good xmas and i wish everyone an even better new year,
    bit of a long shot but does any one know of a boxer called patsy spruhan (Deptford) total bouts 18 active 1920s to 1930s. As some of you know I am trying to find info on the spruhans from c carlow, one of my ancestors is patrick spruhan born 1878 deptford, just clutching at straws with the fact he could be patsy (short for patrick)
    thanks as always
    www.treamer.tribalpages.com
    interested in treamer, trimmer, downing, lake, spruhen/spruhan

Pre War British Boxing - Surname List - S

has information for family historians. Not sure which public library service covers Deptford but they probably have a local history section which might have info about prominent people.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Is there anything in any of the online newspaper archives?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

hi & thanks christine and little nell, have looked on archives but haven't had much luck. I am hoping to get down to london in the spring to do some searching so will visit the libraries in the hope of unearthing something.
        once again thanks for your help
        www.treamer.tribalpages.com
        interested in treamer, trimmer, downing, lake, spruhen/spruhan

Comment

Working...
        X