Burial Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burial Records

Hi all, This is my first post so bear with me. I have found th death of my 3rd great grandfather William Wicks b 1796 d 1858 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England. I have also obtained the death certificate. Can anyone tell me how I can find where he is buried. Cheers

Hello and welcome to the site.

At that sort of time it is likely that he was buried in the local church yard, although he may have been buried in a cemetery as they were being introduced at about this time.

To see if he was buried in the cemetery, you would need to search the burial registers at the county records office. It shouldn't be difficult as you have a date of death; generally, people were buried within the week.

You could also see if anybody could look it up for you on the NBI (National Burial Index) I don't have it on this computer I'm afraid.

If you cannot get to Herts Records Office you could try ringing them and asking if they could look, or maybe try the library as they are sometimes more helpful when it is just one thing you would like checking.

Have a look in the wiki to see if anyone is offering look ups at Herts RO.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Hi babe

Have you tried to contact the Hertfordshire Cemetries at all? They may be able to check for a burial for you.

I sometimes go to the Herts RO & may be able to check the burials for Rickmansworth.

If you want to pm me the details I will have a look for you next time I go.

Joanie

Comment

Working...
      X