Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me find the Brown's in 1851 please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me find the Brown's in 1851 please?

The other day I decided to have another look for my ggg grandparents William & Charlotte Brown (nee Hines) on the 1841 census. Previously I had only found the baptism records of their 4 children at Holy Trinity church Clapham, Surrey & William's name & occupation, gardener, on my gg grandparents' marriage cert. This time I struck lucky & found them, William c 1791 born not in Surrey & Charlotte c1796 Surrey, with their son Thomas at St Mary's Lambeth. Can anyone help me find them in 1851 please? I have possibly found Charlotte as a widow & garden lab in 1861 (c1795 born Richmond), but want to find them in 1851 to be sure. I already have Thomas & sister Jane in 1851 & onwards.
    Many thanks
    Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 08-01-09, 21:01.
    Lynn

Can you give the referenc for them in 1841 please?

Comment

Ok, I think I've found them, but it looks to me as though Charlotte is born out of county too.

Comment

Where did you find Charlotte in 1861?

Comment

Oh yes, you could be right there Margaret . I am also intrigued to know who Jane Low aged 2 is.
          Lynn

Comment

There's a Charlotte Brown age 56 with daughters Jane 26 and Hannah 23 in Greenwich in 1851. Charlotte is shown as married and occupation wife of pensioner. ref HO107/1587/150/37
            Is that any good?
            Margaret

Comment

Did you see on the 1841 higher up the page there was a William Brown age 20 occupation gardener? Could he be part of the family? looks like he's got a wife and child too.

Comment

This is where I found her, in Fulham RG9 Piece 28 Folio 64 Page 43. But that assumes that she came from surrey, which it now looks like she didn't
                Lynn

Comment

Crikey, you are quick!, Right the charlotte you found in 1851 is unlikely to be her as her daughter Jane was already married by then & I know where she was. I didn't notice the other William Brown though, he could well be their eldest son
                  Lynn

Comment

Well I've now found William junior & family including a daughter Charlotte, in Lambeth in 1861, but no sign of them in 1851 either :(
                    Lynn

Comment

Could it be they are on a missing bit of the 1851 census? I recall there has been discussion on here about the amount missing from that one. I'm not sure how to find out but maybe someone else on here or on the WIKi can say.

Comment

That is a good point Margaret, I seem to remember having a problem finding someone on Ancestry, but then Elaine found them using a different site.
                        Lynn

Comment

Just giving this a little nudge, does anyone know if there are parts of the 1851 London area missing?
                          Lynn

Comment

I now have William Jr & family in 1851, at the same address as in 1861 (Thanks to Rootschat), but am still looking for William senior & wife Charlotte. The page with William jnr on was really unclear & the family was mistranscribed as Berman. It is likely that they are on there somewhere.
                            Lynn

Comment

Working...
                            X