Another try for a baptism...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another try for a baptism...

I know I've asked before, but someone new might have an idea. Old ideas welcome as well.

I'm looking for a baptism for OH's 5x great grandfather, David Kirkby.

His parents married 5th Nov 1727 at St Michaels and All Angels, Hawkshead, Lancs. William Kirkby and Agnes Addison. I have them correct with PRs and Agnes' father, Hugh Addison's will of 1743.

I have a baptism for Jane Kirkby 27th Aug 1728 St Michaels and All Angels. The "abode" was Thwaite. This is correct. Hugh Addison's will mentions his grand daughter Jane Kirkby.

I'm missing Jane's brother David. There are submitted entries on Family Search for 1730. That should be correct as he died in 1814 aged 84.

There were only two children, I think. I can't find any others and there were only the two when Hugh Addison died in 1743.

David had an illegitimate son (David Benone Kirkby) with Mary Rigge in 1759.
    He never married Mary and she died of a broken heart in 1760.

He did marry Agatha Sawrey in 1762 and they had eight children all nicely accounted for.

I've searched the LDS file and there's no sign. I've asked Lancs OPC and they can't find anything.

I was wondering if anyone could get access to the BTs for Blawith as Lancs OPC didn't have them. It is close and Hugh Addison lived there.

Any other ideas???

The submitted entry doesn't give an actual date for the christening, and includes the date of death so the submitter must have just worked out a probable year of birth/christening from that.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Yes, Judith, that's what I thought. Just odd that he's missing when everyone else is there.

Comment

Not really that well up on this bit of Lancs / Cumbria I'm sorry to say but,
        I googled Genuki Blawith for any links and wondered if you'd emailed the record office at Barrow ( in Furness ) to see if they have anything there; transferred from Lancs RO perhaps?

(Cumbria County Council : Archives : Record Offices : Barrow Record Office and Local Studies Library)
        or snail mail at:-

Cumbria Record Office and Local Studies Library, Barrow
        140 Duke Street
        Barrow-in-Furness
        LA14 1XW
        Tel:01229 407377
        Fax:01229 894364
        Email:barrow.record.office@cumbriacc.gov.uk

Another option is to post a message on the rootsweb Lancashire or Ulverston site where it may be picked up by other Kirkby researchers.

Anne
        Last edited by Anne Brown; 08-01-09, 12:39.

Comment

Thanks Anne................didn't think of Rootsweb.

I tend to come here first now and have forgotten all the others......lol

Comment

Working...
          X