Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Birth

Hi,
    I have hit a brick wall, I am looking for the birth and where he was born for
    William Suggitt born ab:1823/25, I have him and his family on census, in Middlesex, London, but on his it always states (not born in this county) he was the son of Benjamin and Jane Suggitt, or so it says on his marriage cert, (father Benjamin) Benjamin was born in Yorkshire & went to London in the Army, William married in Middlesex in 1848
    any help very much appreciated
    Jenny

There's a William Suggett baptised 30 Sept 1818 in Loftus Yorkshire on Family Search.

Mother Jane, but father, John.

Have you got William in 1851 or later????

Welcome to FTF, by the way....

Comment

Hi Jenny, what is the name of William's wife? And do you know if they had any children?
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

There's a tree for a William Suggett (father Benjamin) married to Sarah Ann Cole (Judith Sarah Ann) on Ancestry.

Would that be your tree???? Doesn't have a mother for William, nor an exact dob.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare1 View Post
          Hi,
          I have hit a brick wall, I am looking for the birth and where he was born for
          William Suggitt born ab:1823/25, I have him and his family on census, in Middlesex, London, but on his it always states (not born in this county) he was the son of Benjamin and Jane Suggitt, or so it says on his marriage cert, (father Benjamin) Benjamin was born in Yorkshire & went to London in the Army, William married in Middlesex in 1848
          any help very much appreciated
          Jenny
          Jenny, it won't say his mother's name on his marriage certificate, only his father's. Do you have him (William) on any census after 1841? Because it is only the 1841 that says Y or N for born in county - after that it should give his place of birth.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There's a William Suggitt in 1841 in London age 17, not born in county. After that, I can't find him.

Jenny,,,,,do you have the actual marriage cert??

Comment

There's a marriage on FreeBMD for William Suggit and
              Elizabeth Turner
              Margaret Maloney
              Mary Ann Higgins
              or
              Joanna Clemments.

I can't find any of those as Suggitt/Suggett in 1851.

Comment

Working...
              X