Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some good news

I wasnt sure where to post this as I dont see an area for success stories,

When I signed up a few days ago, Dubonney lady replied to my post, I noticed that she was researching the surname GILLETT in the Preston area, which I just happen to have in my tree, I sent her a PM, telling her this, and gave her the forename FLORENCE , turns out it was someone she was looking for, I believe her father or grandfathers sister,,,,,,,,Florence had married my great uncle John Chadderton in 1912 at ALL Saints, Preston ! On top of that I had the names and birthdates of all their children as well as their marriages !
    Researching.......CHADDERTON , GILLETT, WHALLEY, RILEY, SUDWORTH ,COTTAM, DAWSON,HACKER....ALL FROM LANCASHIRE

well done..... brenda xxx

Comment

How exciting Brenda - and welcome to FTF.

It's always good to find someone else researching the same names as you - and great that FTF has played a part in bringing you together.
      Elaine

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Brenda. And thank you for sharing your success story... they encourage the rest of us when we're battling against brick walls!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

when something like that happens it makes you feel good doesn`t it...well done Brenda and welcome to FTF...a great friendly bunch here ..enjoy...allan
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

yES , IT SURE DOES, ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE ARE SO NICE AND HELPFUL, EVEN WHEN i AM BEING A TOTAL PAIN !
            Researching.......CHADDERTON , GILLETT, WHALLEY, RILEY, SUDWORTH ,COTTAM, DAWSON,HACKER....ALL FROM LANCASHIRE

Comment

Working...
            X