NSW BDM updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSW BDM updated

Births now go to 1908, deaths to 1978 and marriages to 1958.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I only just noticed.
    Kit

Hi Kit,

Thanks, now I have to go through my database and check all those births I have down as "aft 1907" to see if they are in 1908.

It seems laughable though, to only have death indexes to 1978 when you can look in the Ryerson Index and get death notice up to 2007, and lots of cemetery records on-line.

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I agree Di. I think deaths could go a bit later and marriages too. And I wish they'd just put births online. The indexes go to 1917 if you go to a LDS or historical society so why can't they make the access easier?

Or do what SA do and put it all on disc. I'd pay for NSW discs that had all the info. You don't need a cert in that case.
      Kit

Comment

It seems laughable though, to only have death indexes to 1978 when you can look in the Ryerson Index and get death notice up to 2007, and lots of cemetery records on-line.
        The difference is - the Ryerson Index is compiled from newspaper entries and is thus information that is already in the public domain. Australian death certs, on the other hand, contain a lot of personal information about not only the deceased but also their spouse and their children, and are thus considered confidential until a reasonable period of time has elapsed (English death certs, on the other hand, contain virtually no information about relatives of the deceased - and not much about the deceased, even!). Cemetery records likewise do not contain info on potentially living persons.

Richard

Comment

Yes, but the indexes don't contain the personal information, only the certificates have that. That's all we'd like,the indexes, then one could apply for the certificates. The Ryerson Index points you to the Newspaper notices which often contain spouse and children's names too.
          Last edited by dicole; 07-01-09, 21:25.
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
          X