Gmail Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail Addresses

Is it possible to have more than one Gmail address on my Gmail account. If it is how do I do it please.

I would like to add two more if possible.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Havent a clue Margeret, Wouldnt it seem more prudent to ask Gmail about this?? they are the best placed people to answer your question...
    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi Margaret,
      You can get a second (and possibly a third) account - we have two - the only thing is you have to sign out of one before you can sign in to another. If you login to your normal account and then log out you will get to the main page and then you can create another account.
      Marion
      There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

I can't see any way of having an extra email address on the same account; the only way I can see to do it is to set up another account, as Marion says.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thank you all for your replies.
          I did ask Google and understood that the instructions that Marion and Kite have suggested are the only way.
          The reason I went on to ask the question was because I thought that I had miss read the detail.
          Will have a think about it all.
          Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret. Once you have set up a new account you can send as and receive them from one account.
            Of course they will all come into the inbox.You don't have to log out.
            Bob
            Last edited by Chipesh; 07-01-09, 17:06.
            I am never wrong. I once thought I was wrong but I was wrong.

Comment

Chipest,
              Not sure where I am going on this one. Earlier replies are telling me to set up new accounts for each name.
              Are you saying that is not necessary?
              All I require are three different names for use by myself. It does not matter if they all come into the same Inbox.
              Margaret N

Comment

I can't see how they would all come into the same inbox myself, so I will be interested to see Bob's answer. Does it mean that if my kids set themselves up Googlemail accounts, their emails would end up in with mine?! Seems unlikely to me - surely you can only see your own since you have to log out before you can log into another account (as far as I know!)?
                KiteRunner

Comment

KiteRunner,
                  With windows mail I receive my Gmail + both my husbands and my own Virgin.net email all into my Inbox. (My husband has only ever sent one email - under presure from me as I thought he should at least have an idea how to).
                  But I cannot receive my Virgin.net mail into Gmail automatically.
                  Yes, I will watch this space with interest.
                  Margaret N

Comment

Oh, I see, sorry, I go onto Googlemail to get mine - I thought the whole point of having a Gmail address was to use their webmail service?!
                    KiteRunner

Comment

If you want you can set up Outlook/Express to receive any mail from any of your gmail accounts (or any other account for that matter). The only advantage I can see to that is if the net is down at any one time you could still access emails you have received in the past on Outlook - but how often does that happen. To my knowledge there is no way you can have mail from one gmail account received into another gmail account - that's why they have separate names.
                      Marion

Comment

Kite and Marion,

I think that I may be confussing you. I use Windows Mail with my Virgin account and have three addresses all used for different purposes.

I also have a Gmail account to use for another purpose.

I need to change my ISP as Virgin is so expensive and have looked at Talktalk but they have confirmed to me that I will only get one email address with them. This is why I need to place my other two addresses with Gmail.
                        Last edited by Margaret N; 10-01-09, 22:58.
                        Margaret N

Comment

I have again looked at Google Help Alternative email addresses. If I go to edit at the bottom of the page is a very small box to add another address. The Help line advises having more than one.
                          When I try and save it I get a message in red ~ saying:You cannot associate a Google Mail address with your Google account.
                          Margaret N

Comment

Margaret,
                            A Google Account is slightly different to Google Mail -

What is a Google Account?
                            A Google Account offers easy access to almost all Google services that require a username and password. At this time, creating a Google account will not give you automatic access to Google Mail.
                            The services now available with your Google account are:

Google in Your Language - volunteer to translate Google's services into various languages
                            Google Answers - paid researchers answer questions for you
                            Google Web APIs - a tool used by software developers to query Google automatically
                            Google Groups - post and read comments in Usenet discussion forums

Later on they say you will be able to do it from the account -

In the future, Google Accounts will provide access to all Google programs requiring a sign-in, including Google Mail.

So if you want to create another gmail account you have to do it from the gmail page (as I said - sign out of your existing address, create another one with another password) and if you want to have a third address do it all over again.

I imagine you have already looked at the page concerning new accounts -
                            Creating an Account - Gmail Help
                            and this one tells you how to forward mail
                            Moving mail from another account to Gmail - Gmail Help

Hope some of this helps

Marion

Comment

Marion,
                              You are a great help thank you so much. I was worried about signing out incase I lost my present email address. I wonder why they put that option to add another address when it is not possible.
                              Many thanks.
                              Margaret N

Comment

You're welcome Margaret. As long as you know your gmail account name and password you can get back into it any time.
                                Good luck,
                                Marion

Comment

In settings /accounts you can add accounts to receive and send from. I receive both my wife's gmail and my own. Also my Blueyonder and Tiscali mail.
                                  This is after you set a gmail account up. Once set up you can add it to the receive accounts of another gmail account.
                                  You CREATE ACCOUNTS from the Gmail page and then ADD THEM to your own account.

Bob
                                  Last edited by Chipesh; 15-01-09, 19:05.
                                  I am never wrong. I once thought I was wrong but I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                  X