The following family appear in the '41 census at Beetley, Norfolk;

John Curson 45
    Maria Curson 15
    William Curson 14
    George Curson 12
    Mary Curson 10
    Eugine Curson 8
    Ann Curson 5

I have baptism details for them all that show Beetley as pob and also two baptisms in the name of Simon (1821 and 1822).

John died 1862, Eugine died 1846.

'51 and '61 for John show him as a lodger in Beetley

William B Hastings 55
    Sarah Carter Hastings 55
    Walter Hastings 20
    John Curson 58

Richard Coe 52
    Jemima Coe 59
    Lydia Dunham 13
    William Betts 14
    William Mallett 69
    John Curson 72

Can anyone find William (bap 1824) and George (bap 1826) or any entries for a Simon 1821/1822 in the post '41 census please?

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

William Carson 1851 census. H.O 107/1825 in Beetley. But DOB is 1828
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Thanks Wendy

I'm trying to tally the PR results together with the census but it seems that this lot don't want to give anything away. I can build a picture pre 1837 bot anything after that seems elusive. It's only because i'm trying to use other angles to get further back too!! Double the frustration :(

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

1871 census. William Curson DOB 1826 Beetley. RG10/1847
        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

1861 census. William Curson born Beetley married to Elizabeth. children Anna and Sarah. RG9/1242
          Jules

Comment

Sorry Glen I searched 1841 census, and you wanted after that!!! I deleted it.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Jules *i think i was typing this as you posted above"

I have a few Beetley events but whether they fit or not.........

William bapt 25/11/1824, possible marriage to Elizabeth Howling 22/10/1853,

1856 baptism for a daughter Sarah Ann and a marriage in 1887 for a 30 year old Sarah Ann, daughter of William.

also in 1873 a marriage for Susanna aged 19, daughter of William.

Do any of the names fit the '71 return you found? I can't access Ancestry now so i can't check myself i'm afraid.
              Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 06-01-09, 11:28.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                Sorry Glen I searched 1841 census, and you wanted after that!!! I deleted it.
                No problem Wendy, i have quite a nice set of PR records that tie up nicely to each generation but the census might help to clarify marriages, naming patterns or someone who moved away a bit.
                They might also fill the gap i always seem to find from around 1812 to 1820, so many of my lot seem to die in thse years and you just can't find out where and when for certain.
                Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 06-01-09, 11:37.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

1861 census: Elizabeth born Birtley, Norfolk DOB 1829. Anna born Beetley DOB 1854. Sarah born Beetley DOB 1856.
                  1871 William is 45, Ag Lab. Wife Elizabeth age 42. No sign of the girls.
                  Jules

Comment

Found Sarah now on 1871. She is Sarah A. Servant in East Dereham. RG10/1846
                    Jules

Comment

1871. Anne Curzon age 16. Servant in Cranworth. RG10/1843
                      Jules

Comment

1881. Sarah A Curson DOB 1861, age 20. born Beetley now dairymaid in Egmere Rd, Little Walsingham. RG11/1985
                        Jules

Comment

No sign of William or Elizabeth on the 1881 that I can see.
                          Jules

Comment

Is the marriage of Sarah Ann to Charles Peeling?
                            if so she appears on 1891 census in Great Dunham. Age 35, with her husband, age 36. Odd though that they seem to have an 18 year old daughter called Anna born Stanfield. Fred age 12,
                            George age 9,
                            Frank age 7,
                            Charles age 5,
                            Horace age 2
                            Edith E age 3 months.

RG12/1556
                            Jules

Comment

The other entry for 1891 is for Sarah Mayes, and that one is complicated too.

RG12/1555
                              Jules

Comment

Putting all the bits together this might be correct, i'm just thinking outloud really, one of those cases where i might be making the results fit when they really shouldn't..

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Hi again
                                  Simon bapt 25/02/1821 [looks like he died]
                                  then Simon bapt 07/02/1822
                                  William bapt 25/11/1824
                                  George bapt 10/02/1826
                                  All children of John & Jane Curson
                                  John married Jane Cook 03/10/1820

You say you have the other children?

tugman

Comment

hi again
                                    You are getting there

tugman

Comment

Hi tugman

I have the baptism details from freereg for the others. Slowly fitting the pieces together in some sort of picture!!

Jane Cook bapt 17/03/1799, daughter of Simon Cook and Rose Groom, ties in with the 1821 and 1822 records nicely.
                                      Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 06-01-09, 14:42.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Email on its way Glen.
                                        Jules

Comment

Working...
                                        X