Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Birth certificate **URGENT**

Hi.
    I am on the GRO site now trying to order a birth certificate. I only know the year of birth but it wants date month year etc. If i just put in the quarter month nd any date, will it make any difference to my request?

Thanks

deb

Do you have the GRO reference which consists of year, district, volume and page number
    If you do then there is no need to enter anything other than the year.
    If it wont let you do this it probably means that you haven´t ticked the box on the first page which asks if you have the GRO reference YES/NO box
    Go backwards until you reach the first page and check (use back button on browser)
    Elaine

Comment

You only need to complete the boxes that have a red asterisk next to them.
      It is usually better just to complete these and not complete any additional boxes unless you need to do a checking reference.
      Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine.

thank you for your quick reply.
        yes i have all ref No.s and i ticked the box. I thought it was odd, but i will go back and try again.

thanks

deb

Comment

Hi Elaine.

thank you for your 2nd message and i had just relaised that! :D
          If i use a checking reference, do they check the additional info and if its not right would they still send the certificate?

thanks, you have been very helpful.
          Where abouts in spain are you? A friends of mine lives near Mercia.

deb

Comment

When you use a checking reference they will only issue the certificate if the details match what you have asked them to check.
            For example if you say father´s name is William, but the certificate says father´s name is George, then you wont get a certificate, even if all the other information matches what you think it should.

We are further north than Murcia, midway between Alicante and Valencia.
            Elaine

Comment

thank you for that.
              you will be a lot warmer than here in North Yorkshire :-)

deb

Comment

Working...
              X