Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these the same person? Help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these the same person? Help please...

I have a photo album from my paternal grandfathers family, a lot of the pictures are unlabelled which is both fascinating and frustrating. Can you have a look at these and see if you think they are the same person.
    I know who one is but will let you see what you think first

Thank you
    Tracey

I do have a restored version of the last photo but thought the original was better for comparison

Do you know what sort of date they would be as well.

Thanks

The first very smart gent is from the 1890s I think, I also believe he is featured in the 3rd photo. I am umming and aahhing about the middles chap as I think he is later but I cannot make up my mind, will have to keep looking. Hope that may be of some help.

Comment

The first and third photos have to be the same man, those strong eyebrows are very distinctive.

Comment

1 and 3 are the same....No 2 doesn`t look the same man to me...allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

On the other hand, those eyebrows do have the same differences: the right eyebrow of all three does appear to lift in a way that the left does not.
          The ears are similar, too.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I agree with Christine. Also, the mouth looks very similar, it's deceiving because of the Moustache . If it isn't the same person I'm sure he is a relative.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you everyone, first is my great grandfather who died age 27 in 1910, I think this was probably around that time, the others I don't know. I hope the third one is also him, then I have two pics. number two though? there were 3 other brothers but non lived over a year, I will look at cousins

Thank you for your help

Tracey

Comment

The Henry Studios were certainly in operation in 1906 in Great Eastern St. I have a photo by them although I haven't been able to trace their exact dates of trading.
                Robert

Comment

Is there anything on the back of the second photo that might give a bit of help?

Comment

I've just found the photographer Henry on PhotoLondon. His name was actually Heinrich Spindlbauer and according to PhotoLondon he operated from 107 Gt Eastern St between 1904-07 and had a second studio at 181 City Road 1905-06. My photo includes both addresses.
                    PhotoLondon says that he went bankrupt in 1910.
                    Robert

Comment

Brilliant Robert! Makes me a bit early though..puts no1 into the early 00s.

Comment

Hmm .. well just for fun and maybe to stir things up a bit I thought it would be nice to see them all wearing hats
                        I'd say that nos 2 and 3 have similar noses and top lips

No 1 has much smaller eyes, although he could be squinting
                        If it's possible to rescan him at a better resolution, then the detail would be more apparent ... at this low res, he does not enlarge well

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I think pic 2 is the same man but much younger, maybe late teens. The eyes and brows are alike, same long fingers , mouth shape the same and look at the hands. Regards Debs

Comment

Hi guys

I am glad to see this is causing some interest, I have stared at these for hours and can almost see them without looking at them. I know number 1 was taken before jan 1910 as that is when he died.
                            I have rescanned 1 at 600 hope that makes it clearer Rachael.

Just to add a bit more here are a couple of pcs of my grandad, definately the son of number 1. The one in the field he was 20 and the workshop one he was 27, (same as as 1 when he died).

Not sure if that helps or hinders!!!!!

Nothing on reverse of number 2 but number 3 is very small but on reverse it says ' Head Office 42 Tottenham Court Road, Branches at Shoreditch, Stratford, Poplar, Whitechapel, Holloway, Walthamstow', but no company name.

Any more ideas?????

Tracey

Comment

Now I think he looks like no2!!

Comment

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

In the Post Office London Directory for 1899 an Alfred Pradier a stationer occupies 42 Tottenham Court Road and had been there since at least 1895 (Lease documents in National Archives give that as his address).

in the 1910 directory he shares the address with Attilio Lapparini, photographer. I've not found any reference to Lapparini elsewhere. He doesn't appear on PhotoLondon.
                                  Robert

Comment

Thats interesting, I have loads of photos with the addresses on but no two seem to be taken at the same place.

Thanks for everyones interest in this

Tracey

Comment

i would say no lips are pointed on the man without a tash ,eyebrows are to thick and meet in the middle brenda xxx

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                        X