Three cheers for FindMyPast renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three cheers for FindMyPast renewal

We have all had issues with the renewal process for Ancestry, and noone ever seems to know how much renewal is going to cost.

My FMP subscription ends in a couple of weeks. I have gone to my account page, and I have two options to renew my Explorer package (access to all records). One is for a year, the other for 6 months.

The year's package is £71.95.
    The 6 month package is £43.95.
    Both include a 20% loyalty discoount.

Clear, concise and you feel you are being treated fairly.

Look and learn, Ancestry.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

I agree Elizabeth,

I shall definitely renew my FMP subscription in February but not sure about Ancestry.

I have a new card so they can't renew automatically. I am going to wait and see of they offer me any discounts.

Linda

Comment

Not pleased with FMP at the minute. Every time I try to look at something my poor computer crashes. Have downloaded the prog they suggested but same thing happens. All other sites are fine. Just waiting for a reply from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
        I agree Elizabeth,

I shall definitely renew my FMP subscription in February but not sure about Ancestry.

I have a new card so they can't renew automatically. I am going to wait and see of they offer me any discounts.

Linda
        You'll need to actually stop the old-card DD. Simply ceasing the card doesn't necessarily stop the transaction going through! I forget why, but there are some oddities with card DDs.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

FMP is not as good as Ancestry for census content - breadth thereof, anyway - images/transcriptions may be better. On the other hand, I think I must have "harvested" most of the census info I need by now!

But I agree that the fee system seems to be more transparent and the loyalty discount is a real difference.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X