Another e-mail from Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another e-mail from Ancestry

Ancestry has just sent me an e-mail telling me that new content has been added to my tree and giving me the two new names.

I know this, because I added them yesterday!
    Joan died in July 2020.

I am fed up with those emails Joan , whats the point of them ??? I know I added them, going to see if there is an unsubscribe link for them.

Comment

Let me know if you find one please, Val - as you say, these e-mails seem a complete waste of time!
      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

I get them for a joint tree I am doing, on the Generations Game thread, but I have not noticed if its only my additions, or everybodys, and mine are usually two to three days later!! I don't know why they bother !!

Di
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I've been getting them for about 6 months now - for two trees as well.

You can unsubscribe.

If you look at the small print at the bottom of the email both on 'possible record matches' and 'new content as been added' you can unsubscribe by clicking on unsubscribe.

Its in very small and light print!

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
            I've been getting them for about 6 months now - for two trees as well.

You can unsubscribe.

If you look at the small print at the bottom of the email both on 'possible record matches' and 'new content as been added' you can unsubscribe by clicking on unsubscribe.

Its in very small and light print!
            Thanks, Maggie - I only started getting these yesterday, and will now "unsubscribe" - although I wasn't aware that I ever subscribed in the first place! :D
            Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

No I never actually subscribed either. I think it's Ancestry justifying the cost of their subscription packages by using it as a default notification.

I don't mind them because there are two of us working on two trees. So its good to know if my cousin has updated anything and vice versa. So we crosscheck each other's stuff.

Comment

I have receieved this email twice about a tree that is not even mine!
                It belongs to a member on here who gave me access a while ago because we have a family in common.
                Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

I too get info on someone else's tree. We have no connection but she opened her tree for me and every time she adds I get a message.
                  Off to hunt for the unsubscribe button!!
                  If it's to be, it's up to me.
                  Searching for:
                  English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

I had the same with a tree what someone gave me access to, but somehow I managed to unsubscribe from that tree, but of late I've been getting emails saying that there are new records that match people on my tree. I've found this to be advantagous as it saves me looking all the time, plus when they update, it automatically looks for the new records (I think, anyway, how else would I get the email). So although the emails you describe can be a pain others can be OK
                    Regards
                    L

Comment

Working...
                    X