any advice on a surname search?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advice on a surname search?

Hi...I have 2 Stringhams in my tree...William b 1709 Eardisley,Herefordshire and his daughter Elizabeth Stringham b 1739,also Eardisley...there are 318 Stringhams on GR...only 2 from Herefordshire.....can anyone advise me as to how I might find any other Stringhams around this era in Herefordshire ??...All the Stringhams I encounter always seem to come from the USA....cheers...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Allan

1. Search the IGI.

2. Use the Hugh Wallis site to access Eardisley church registers only - just done a quick search and there are lots and lots of Stringhams from the 1600s forward.

Happy hunting!

OC

Comment

Hi OC...I have searched IGI and I have Williams christening ..but it doesn`t give the exact year...it gives his father as Peter Stringham and his mother as Sarah Harcourt...can I take this as a DEFINITE ?...Allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

No, it isn't definite unless it is in the parish register!

Try using the Hugh Wallis site as this will give you ONLY extracted results, not submitted ones.

OC

Comment

tried the first batch number...no results...the other 6 batch numbers won`t come up...do I have to navigate back to hugh wallis for every search or can I just stay on the Eardisley page ??...allan

Comment

Allan

Yes, you have to use the back button if you want to change batch numbers or change search items.

OC

Comment

thanks OC..you`re a star...allan;)

Comment

for some reason I can`t get any more batch numbers up...I`ll have another go tomorrow...cheers...allan;)

Comment

If you can read the batch numbers from the Hugh Wallis pages, you can type them into the Batch number cells in the IGI search box.

The Hugh Wallis batch numbers haven't been updated for quite a while (or hadn't when I last looked, anyway). If you think you can deduce another batch number from what's there, it's always worth a try!

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks christine...I`ll give that a go...never thought of that...cheers...allan;)

Comment

look at the latter day saints site on family history brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                      X