Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census site?

I'd love to take a look, but where?

I've been concentrating on Xmas etc for a while and not been keeping up with the FH 'doings', but I've just been reading some of the posts I missed and I gather we can access some of the records - for a price.

I'm looking for my Dad and his mum in Bournemouth - and maybe his undisclosed father is nearby.

Could someone just point me in the right direction?

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Too late for a while Bee.
    Some counties were released on a beta test over the Christmas period but it has now finished.
    Hopefully it wont be too long before the official launch although no date has yet been published.
    Elaine

Comment

Oh, drat! :(

But thanks for quelling my (wasted) anticipation, Elaine.

Bee.
      Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
      COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

This is the official site. Welcome to the official 1911 Census website

You can register to get information updates direct.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It's supposed to be released sometime in the first half of 2009.

Comment

if you want any bournemouth electorl roll parish records etc which are in local libary
            give me a shout
            wye surrey/london/birmingham
            lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
            hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
            ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
            herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
            armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

someone on GR got an email from the 1911 site saying it would be released on or around the 13th January......... we await with baited breath!!!

Nicky

Comment

Originally posted by nickyinsunnysussex View Post
                someone on GR got an email from the 1911 site saying it would be released on or around the 13th January......... we await with baited breath!!!

Nicky
                I just read that same post....in was in response to an email that he had sent them asking when the release date was?? I might email them and see if I get the same response

Comment

Good idea Deb...... prehaps I will as well. if we all keep badgering them it may quicken the process!! lol...

Nicky

Comment

They'll be so busy answering your emails they won't have time to get the site live!:D

Remember that some of the key personel are members here, I think they know we want it ASAP.
                    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

I really hope that they put it online soon.
                      As when I had a quick look, it had an elderly Amerlia Pursglove in the same area as my Gt Grandparents.
                      Problem is that she died pre 1900!!

I was going to purchase credits to look at the actual entry, but left it too late, as I did not know they were to switch off access to the beta version.

Researching:
                      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                      X