Internet Explorer small problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer small problem

When I click on Internet explorer I get a small box with a yellow triangle and a black exclamation mark I click OK and it continues on, I have tried upload the latest version but to no avail.

i have a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it - Tech Support Forum
    look at this James they say its spyware ???

Comment

Hi Val neither of those appears to be the answer.
      Every time I click on to Internet Explorer the little box comes up and as soon as I click on OK it goes.

Comment

well I'm being driven mad by keep getting a box telling me I'm not the administrator on my laptop ????? if I'm not who is ???

Comment

Val, Going back to the initial set up who have you got listed as the owner and is their more than one user?

I get a message each time I download an update which is meaningless the screen goes opaque and I have to click that I am the administrator to continue. Anyone could click on it and confirm that they were the administrator.
          Happy New Year.
          Margaret N
          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Happy New Year Margaret, I am the owner , I think its because the Motherboard got changed again ????? it doesnt recognise me now .
            Sometimes I get that box your talking about I click on and its fine but I cannot download the updates it wont let me .

Comment

Val, Try this MS help for Vista Administrator I am not sure that I understand it but I am sure that it will be cristal clear to you. If the link does not come up just type the main words into google. Really after all the trouble you have had you should take it back under guarantee and get it fixed. It will probably only take a child of six years a few seconds.
              Help and Support
              &query=adminstrator+in+vista&mode=r
              Margaret N
              DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

The idea of this process is that software can't be installed remotely. It makes a Windows Vista PC safer to use on Internet. It can be turned off but it's safer to leave it on.

Comment

The ultimate answer is to download Firefox 3 web browser and use that instead of Internet Explorer. It's the browser of choice amongst those 'in the know'.
                  Do you get this error with any other applications?

Comment

Working...
                  X