Microsoft Office Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Office Prices

A friend of mine has paid £49 for a microsoft office software package, ok it doesn't have everything but I had noted the price of office proffessional last week at around £400.

I know open office is available free but I searched the prices of microsoft office and was surprised - these look like bargains

Microsoft Office 2007 Partner: Student Software Directory with Microsoft Student Office 2007
    Kathleen

Kath,
    This looks too good to be true do you think that it is genuine. I am hoping to buy a laptop or Applemac (can't make my mind up) but will need Office.
    Are you going to go ahead if so keep us posted.
    Happy New Year.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Don't know if I should really put this on here or not, but, it's not a secret!

I recently got MS office through for the cost of the p and p, about £18. (Don't know why it costs so much to post it, but that was the charge)

I work for NHS, and ALL NHS emplyees are entitled to this offer direct from MS, you must have an NHS email addy.

If you can find a friend, who doesn't want to take up the offer for themselves, that could be the answer!
      Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Make sure you read the FAQ's:

Software4Students: Educational Student Software Directory for Microsoft Student Office 2007

Adobe have a similar scheme - one of my kids has just bought Flash Professional Student Edition for a fraction of the normal cost, but we did have to send Adobe proof of their student status to get an installation code so the software would work. I would guess you have to do something similar for this stuff.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I am an IT lecturer in a college and many of our staff and myself purchased this via Microsoft.
          Microsoft themselves has an offer of 90% off the full Office 2007 professional suite (it also includes Access which the 'student edition does not), is open ONLY to people who can prove that they are either educator or are students at an educational establishment.

It is available via the Microsoft site, BUT.................
          You must send a request to them via email.
          This is how they verify that you are in education, as it will have a .edu or .ac in the email address.
          So you get a £400 package for £39.99, via a download install direct from them (CD 'back-up' copy can be mailed for extra charge from them.)

The alternative is the Student Edition (it DOES NOT have the Access database application)
          There are a number of outlets, who are supposed to check you are a student, but do not bother. Prices are between 49.99 and 69.99 for this edition of Office that is available via Amazon or PC world which is what you have probably seen.

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

The software my friend bought isn't the full office edition, I know it doesn't have Access.
            Strange as it sounds, she bought it from a supermarket. I hope she will be able to use it!!

Margaret
            I have Microsoft office, so I won't be buying this one, I just wondered why they were so cheap.
            Kathleen

Comment

This sounds like the home and student version of Office. It's a genuine price. You will get MS Onenote which is ideal for making quick genealogy notes but not Outlook or Access

Comment

That's the one Jaydax - she hasn't loaded it on yet as she was worried by the wording on the cover that she may need something else to make it work, but I don't think so.

It looks like it is the student pack and although she queried its compatibility in the supermarket, she wasn't asked for proof that she is a student.
                I have seen it priced today at £68.
                Kathleen

Comment

If you don't mind your programme being a few years old you can pick them up quite cheaply at computer fairs. We bough Microsoft Office Professional 2000 for £39.99 about 2 years ago. It has the full works including Microsoft Publisher.
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

That was a lucky find Chris - I'll remember that in case I need to buy another, although I was considering downloading the free one onto the other pc.
                    This one has the full office suite but its 3 years old and I worry about its state of health...lol as I have done lots of my family history in Word
                    Kathleen

Comment

I should be thanking you Kath. I went to google the fair we go to at Harvey Hadden Sports Centre at Bilborough so that I could tell you about it. They usuall have one a month and I discovered that there is one on tomorrow - we may go :D There are other venues though as anyone interested can see below -

Northern Computer Markets

Comment

I would have been interested in going tomorrow if I hadn't promised the grandchildren a panto
                        Have bookmarked the site for future
                        Last edited by Kath nr the Crooked Spire; 10-01-09, 11:55.
                        Kathleen

Comment

We could have met up for a coffee in the cafe Kath :D

That sounds a bit like tongue twister when you read it back :D

Enjoy your panto - which one are you going to?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                            We could have met up for a coffee in the cafe Kath :D
                            Yes that would have been nice - I'll keep that in mind for the next time.

We are going to see Cinderella in Mansfield with my friend and her grand children too.
                            Kathleen

Comment

I look forward to it

Hope you enjoy the panto. Don't forget "He's behind you" :D

Comment

Yes me too
                                I think that I probably enjoy the panto more than the children do :D
                                Kathleen

Comment

On reflection, are you sure you want to meet for a coffee Kath. I was just telling hubby and he asked me where you live. I don't think my brain is in gear yet because I said "near the leaning tower of Pisa". He said "That's a long way to come" :D

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                    On reflection, are you sure you want to meet for a coffee Kath. I was just telling hubby and he asked me where you live. I don't think my brain is in gear yet because I said "near the leaning tower of Pisa". He said "That's a long way to come" :D
                                    Well its something like that :D
                                    Kathleen

Comment

Originally posted by Kath nr the Crooked Spire View Post
                                      A friend of mine has paid £49 for a microsoft office software package, ok it doesn't have everything but I had noted the price of office proffessional last week at around £400.

I know open office is available free but I searched the prices of microsoft office and was surprised - these look like bargains

Microsoft Office 2007 Partner: Student Software Directory with Microsoft Student Office 2007

I'd like to thank you for posting this as my son (who is at secondary school) has been saving like mad and has just bought himself a new computer.

We bought him the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 from there - the total cost including handling was £46.92. Its not the student version and comes with Access, Powerpoint, Publisher, Infopath and all the other stuff.

Software4Students: Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus, Microsoft Office Student

We had to declare that he was a student and the school had to be on their list. The order came within a week and includes discs. He's really pleased with it.
                                      Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                                        I'd like to thank you for posting this as my son (who is at secondary school) has been saving like mad and has just bought himself a new computer.

We bought him the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 from there - the total cost including handling was £46.92. Its not the student version and comes with Access, Powerpoint, Publisher, Infopath and all the other stuff.

Software4Students: Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus, Microsoft Office Student

We had to declare that he was a student and the school had to be on their list. The order came within a week and includes discs. He's really pleased with it.
                                        Jackie, you could have saved yourself an extra tenner and purchased it directly from Microsoft, but only as long as he had a school email address that they would use to send instructions on how to download to.

Researching:
                                        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                                        X