Help reading part of a will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help reading part of a will

Last night I found a will on TNA & downloaded it as a pdf, I can't read a couple of place names, and I'm not sure how to put the extract on here - do I need to print it off & scan or is there an easier way please?

Presumably you have it saved on your computer? Can you open it in something like photoshop and crop down to the bits you need to show us, saving those bits separately?

Then you could use photobucket to put them on here, only for us to say we can't read them either!!! lol (hopefully, that's only a joke!)

Comment

I'll have a go...I may be gone some time...

Comment

Scanned & cropped & photobucketed, just hope it's legible

It's the bit that says my Estate at ???????? & in the Parish of ???????? that I'm having trouble with. (He's living in Westbrook in the parish of Boxford Berks)

Comment

Estate at - tITCOMB & IN THE PARISH OF ...bury in the County of Berks.

Off to look at Genuki for suitable villages!
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Is it Titcomb(e)? I'm just trying to find where that is!

Comment

Thanks Phoenix, getting there...

Comment

It doesn't look in the least like a K but could it be Kintbury?
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Just looked at all parishes in Berks ending ...bury, the candidates are Ashbury, Eastbury, Kentbury/Kintbury and Newbury. Kintbury & Eastbury are nearest to his home.

Yes, it looks like Titcomb, have to go off now & start domestic duties, thanks for your help eveyone.

Comment

Just wondered whether it could be Letcomb ?

In 1840 there was a Letcomb Basset, Letcomb Regis and Letcomb Castle in Berks according to a map in reproduction book of Pigot's British Atlas (a charity shop bargain!) - that's the nearest I can see to tITcombe
                    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

I've found several people on the censuses who say they were born in Titcomb, but on other censuses say Kintbury, and it looks most like Kintbury too.

Comment

I'm letting the others do the washing up...thanks Merry, I think you've cracked it.

Comment

I think it's up for sale:

Comment

It's To Let, Phoenix!! It's lovely!

Can we afford £4,500 pcm though?

Comment

Available to rent from mid January and only £4,500 per month! I bet all Francis had was the bit of land with some timber on, there's no mention of a house sadly, or any other effects. His daughters don't seem to have been particularly well off in later years though were of "independent means" in their old age.

Comment

Working...
                              X