Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I trouble you for a lookup on the Canadian passenger lists please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I trouble you for a lookup on the Canadian passenger lists please?

I know that my 2 x gt aunt's family emigrated to Canada sometime shortly after the death of her mother in 1901 (and a note on someone else's research I found (and have now lost again) suggests a date of 1903 onwards) and I can find some fairly promising looking records on Ancestry, but I can't view them :(

The family I'm looking for are:

Emma Burnham, b 1856 in London and her children (all born London):
    Thomas b 1879
    Maria b 1880/81
    William b 1883
    Emma Elizabeth b 1885
    Maude b 1887
    Frances b 1889
    Dorothy (or Dolly) b ca 1894
    Richard b ca 1896

We believe William was the driving force behind the emigration but I don't know whether Thomas and Maria went too since they'd have been old enough to be married by the time the family left.

If anyone is sitting twiddling their thumbs I'd be very grateful for any info you can find

Thanks !

There's a 36 year old Emma emigrating in 1907 to Quebec but don't know if she's yours as I can't see any likely children. The site only covers 1907 to1910 at the moment.
    Jenny

Comment

The list I can see (but not access) on Ancestry has an Emma Burnham and an Emma E Burnham arriving in Halifax, a Dorothy Burnham arriving in Quebec. a load of F Burhams and a Fanny Burnham arriving in Halifax, a Maud Burnham arriving in Queben, another Maud Burnham born England arriving in Montreal, Quebec, a Richard Burnham arriving in Quebec, a Thomas Burnham arriving in Halifax and loads of William Burnhams arriving in almost every port. By my reckoning, Emma the mother would be approachign 50 and the children would range from mid 20s down to about 8 or 10

Comment

You may be able to get something useful by combining whatyou are able to get at from Ancestry with the images (not name-indexed) on this site:
        Search - Passenger Lists, 1865-1922 - Library and Archives Canada

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X