Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows updates have to be the administrator ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows updates have to be the administrator ???

I have just realised why I'm having problems with this laptop since it came back again its not doing the updates ,I went to Microsoft to do them it says I cannot as I'm not signed in as the administrator.
    How do I do that please ????

Val - not sure if you are on Vista but on XP you should just be able to go to the start button, say log off, and then it should allow you to log in as a different person, ie Administrator.
    Marion
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Val
      You need to set your user account to Administrator. The way to do it will depend on whether the laptop is XP or Vista. Google Windows User Accounts and you should be able to find out how to do it.
      Hope this helps.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

hi and thanks it a Vista laptop and when I looked it says I am the administrator ???? so what can I do then ??? thanks

Comment

Val
          Go to Help and Support and click on Security and Maintenance and it will then give you options. Select Windows Update from the list on the right then on Install Windows Updates. At the next screen you will see Turning Automatic Updates On and Off (in blue). Click on this and look at the FAQ to see if they help.
          Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

thanks again Lynne
            I have been looking into my windows problem log have sorted out a few problems it seems I had, only one left
            Hardware and device Check
            The Device cannot start properly ISATAP
            The plug and play ID for this device is 8
            Seems I need a ROOT\*ISATAP\0001

have looked on microsoft cant find that
            I hate this Laptop

Comment

Well Val, I'm sorry but that is all dutch to me - LOL!
              But have you sorted your updates?
              Lynne

Comment

Working...
              X