Home history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home history

I am sure I read about this somewhere but cannot remember, is there anywhere free of course:D where one can trace the owners of a family home - now no longer in the family.
    Rob

https://handmadebooksbyrob.wixsite.com/website/
    https://www.facebook.com/handmadebooks.byrob.7
    searching: Hunt, Parker, Beaumont, Horsfall, Redfearn, Barker Spratt and Sidwell

There's Anthony Adolph's book - by Collins - Tracing yor Home's History (which I've got but never read - my home was new build so only us in its history!!!)

You might find it in the library

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I think owners would be listed at the Land Registry and possibly on the deeds?
      Or you might need to trawl through old electoral rolls/telephone directories.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

When we got the deeds for our house, we were given a bundle of old papers which turned out to be our house history for the last 100 years. But since we were given the choice of whether to take them or not, it begs the question what do banks, building societies, or in our case the local council, do with papers that are not wanted??

Comment

We have the deeds to our house and our daughters house which we own. It lists all of the previous owners. It doesn't however tell you who lived in the house previously, as the houses were rented out and owned by a private landlord in the past. You would perhaps need the electoral register for that, presuming they were eligible to vote.

Comment

Our house dates from the 1970s so the "deeds" only comprise Land Registry print-outs and details of the original planning permission.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

You might find these two sites helpful Rob

Hidden House History

The National Archives | Getting started | House history | Starting house history research
              Kathleen

Comment

Working...
              X