Born Burnley, Lancs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born Burnley, Lancs?

I cannot find a birth reg for Burnley c1881. Is it possible they could be registered in Salford?
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

No, not if they really WERE born in Burnley. How do you know they were born in Burnley?

OC

Comment

Hi OC
      Not absolutely certain but the family were living in Burnley and census says this child was born there. I cannot find any births in Burnley, the closest being Salford.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Do you want to put up a name?

It's possible they WERE born in Salford for some reason or other - mum might have been visiting someone!

OC

Comment

If the child wasn't born by the time the 1881 census was taken, where were his/her parents on that census?

Comment

Sorry to butt in but why if born in Burnley do you think he/she was registered in Salford??? I didn't think it was that close but I don't have a map to hand - surely there's places closer where registration may have taken place.

I have someone born in Burnley in 1901 who told his family he came from Salford and that's where his mother died in 1915.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Sorry I didn't return to this thread last night. I ran out of steam and went to bed.
              I have found him this morning. The family were living in Burnley and the census said he was born there. However, I discovered that he had been born in Durham before they moved.
              Thanks for your input folks.
              Lynne

Comment

Working...
              X