Bride help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bride help please

James Albert Merrett married either a Kate Maud(e) Hough or a Lily Jennings in Jun qtr 1898, St George Hanover Square district 1a 879.

Please can someone confirm which one it was please.

Even though I'm having problems locating both couples on the 1901 census (if someone can find James that would be great, born 1871 Knightsbridge), it looks like he married Kate, because there is a death of a Kate Merrett in Mar qtr 1907, aged 31, in Edmonton district 3a 280 and he's described as a widower with 2 children on the 1911 census, although he's in lodgings, so I don't know where and who his children are.

Thanks for your help

Have you ruled this one out?

Class: RG13; Piece: 662; Folio: 116; Page: 3

I know the place of birth is different, but the surname's unusual enough that it might be worth investigating.

Comment

Thanks Mary, yes I saw that one earlier and dismissed it...

Although looking at it further, being that Frederick J was born in Norbiton, that could have been copied incorrectly for James. Frederick was the second name (or perhaps the name used) of James' older brother John who died in 1899. Although Frederick is recorded as 7 years old on there, whilst they married in 1898...

I've just looked at FreeBMD and a Kate Maude Hough was born in Jun qtr 1876 Marylebone district 1a 531 (which ties in with the death registration), so it looks like this isn't them after all. That's a shame.

Although I'm still not 100% sure that he married Kate and not Lily, if someone can confirm that please.

Comment

Working...
      X