1911 Cenus - Sussex now included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Cenus - Sussex now included

Don't know if this is old news to the rest of you but I've only just caught up with it after Christmas. Found my Mum aged 3 and my gt. gt. grandfather aged 88.

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Had me rushing to look

but still no Lancashire, Yorkshire, Durham or Northumberland :(:(

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

OH is very miffed that Notts,Derbyshire and Yorks haven't been included.

Just seen; Surrey is there too so I've found my gt uncle in Croydon....I could do with Kent now please.

Ann
      ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Sussex was added with lots of other counties before Christmas.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Where's my granny hiding? Her dad's not at home at Bratton Cottage Rustington either but then he'll probably be at sea aboard the Clio. The form's not signed by her stepmother who has a 2 week old baby but by her aunt who gives her address as Bratton cottage but is in fact down the road at The Windmill, her sister's pub. Roll on wildcard searches.

Comment

Please !!

can I ask?

how do I search the 1911 census at present?

Trish

Comment

Trish,
              I think you can only view if you registered with fmp initially for updates on the 1911 census. We were sent invitations via email before Xmas.
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

You need to register with the Official Site Welcome to the official 1911 Census website. Then - all being well - you'll be emailed back an invitation. The T&C are very definite that invitees are not supposed to share the URL, nor any transcriptions/images with the world at large, and it must be for private use.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Ok...thanks

I have now registered with them and I will sit and wait VERY patiently for their reply

Trish

Comment

this page is hilarious!!

Welcome to the official 1911 Census website

Comment

Slave to family - sounds like I should put this on my own next census entry:D

Comment

Working...
                      X