Free Reg is really marvellous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Reg is really marvellous!

About two years ago I found some possible ancestors in a village about 7 miles away from where they should be, and just wondered if they were mine! Put on back burner to look at when I had more time:(

Over Christmas I had another look and by looking at each one in turn, I discovered that one had married and a relative was a witness. :D I was ecstatic as said person had moved to relative village and had died there, and my person had obviously married her sister! This has really clinched this family into mine, and taken that brick wall back several years to approx 1696. As there are others in the villages of my interest back to early 1600's, I am now within 80 years of getting that line back, so waits patiently for more to come online! If you can find witnesses on marriage details in this way, that is a wonderful bonus and can really help to clinch a possible into a definite:D

Janet
    Last edited by Janet; 22-11-11, 08:01.

I am pleased for you, its good.

There's nothing like that buzz you get when you suddenly realise that a peice of the jigsaw that looked not quite the right shape is actually the the right peice if you turn it around a few times.

I love FreeReg too and as I transcribe for them its even better.

I intend to do a lot of transcribing over the next week, no work, family will have all gone away again and house is as clean as its going to get.

I've found loads of ancestors from the transcriptions they already have but yes its great and its good to take note of all the witnesses at a marriage.

Comment

Yes it's wonderful when a hunch clicks into a certainty! I've found Freereg coverage of Norfolk better than LDS and its been very helpful as I can't get up to Norwich that often to check the originals.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
      X