Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows has recovered from a unexpected shutdown???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows has recovered from a unexpected shutdown???

Since having this back from having a second new Motherboard fitted I keep finding it has gone back to the log on page with the message,
    Windows has recovered from a unexpected shutdown
    when I click on the box it says
    Problem signaller
    Problem event name Blue screen
    then a load of numbers
    I am seriously considering taking the thing back and asking for a refund or a new Laptop as the guarantee runs out in March and I have a feeling it will die then.
    Any ideas please.

Val, are you using ZoneAlarm?

Comment

Forget that, Val....I have been reading up on some of the forums and the ZoneAlarm issue was back in 2007 & has now been resolved.
      There seem to be a few things that cause it...the main one seems to be out of date video card driver. Others found that doing Windows updates cured it, but basically, if this has only happened since the new motherboard, I think that you should take it back to the Techy and tell him/them to sort it.

Comment

thanks Lyn how do I udate the video card driver ???? I have done all the windows updates I should .

Comment

Val, you can look for the video card makers website and do a download from there - I fumbled through it myself once. But personally, in this case I reckon you should complain again to them and say its playing up. I get that message now and then when I have closed down the puter but not closed some of the files that are open.

Comment

thanks Heather its just not good enough is it?? I'll try that

Comment

Working...
            X