Digital Photo Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Photo Frames

Is it okay to start a new thread about them ??? like how to put the photos in ,sizing etc ?? as I have had one and I am sure so have a few others
    Any tips ??
    Thanks

Hi Val snap i will watch this thread with interest if i find out how to work it i will let you know but dont hold your breath xxxHowie
    Howie passed away August 2018.

Comment

I got one of these too, and you know what a technophobic I am!! Will watch with interest.
      Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Do they not come with instruction manuals! ;)
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Do they not come with instruction manuals! ;)
          Yes, but it's all gobblygook!!:D

Comment

who reads that ??? no seriously I just wondered about things like do you have to take the photos a certain size etc etc
            Although not too sure I really want to know as we took photos of each other yesterday and mine was so bad I asked Tom to take another making sure he got my best side ???? and what did he say but you dont have a best side !!! think he was joking.

Comment

We got a digital photo frame too.

I had a spare usb stick, so loaded some pics on it, plugged it into the frame and away it went! I'm now reading the instruction manual :o and it's not easy to understand! My photo's have black boarders round them, which seems to be something to do with the size and the frame is wide screen? Not sure how to fix that.

So I'm also waiting for an expert to come along and give us some tips ;)
              Sue

Comment

well I shall have a go tomorrow and hope for the best will let you know how I get on

Comment

We bought my mother in law one for Christmas and I spent hours sorting through old photos and scanning them to put on a memory stick. A lot of it was trial and error as to what size I cropped them to. I think the frame was 5 x 7 but if I cropped the photo to that size I had to make sure that there was enough space at the top and bottom or it chopped the tops of the heads off.

I ended up scanning in about 225 photos (and had a really lovely time looking back at all my old photos of the boys when they were little etc) and we gave it to her yesterday. We had set it up to play so all she has to do is turn it on. She absolutely loves it.

I've asked her to sort out any other photos she wants to put on and obviously any new ones we take will be on a digital camera so that will be easier. Landscape are best but portrait ones will still work but will display smaller and will have a big borders on the sides.

Jackie
                  Jackie

Comment

Our son gave us one for last Christmas - it takes the USB stick (whereas the one we bought for mil uses a CD as well) and I we do is to load the pics on to the stick and put it in and turn it on - no problems at all. I assume this must just resize them to fit the frame as they all turn out fine - we use it to show visitors the grandchildren as we don't have a "brag book" - just photos from the camera downloaded on to the computer. It came with an "Infrared Remote Control" - which we have never used apart from turning it on!!! So just give it a try - we certainly haven't done anything special but it is a lovely way to look at photos.
                    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

We got one from our kids too!

Put some photos on a USB stick and plugged it in to see what happens! That's the easiest way to find out. Ours can have a black border or be set to 'fill the screen'. If you have it filling the screen it may crop bits of the picture if its not the right shape.

OH has done some photos on the computer to be the right ratio of width to height and it works great! Editing the photos on the computer first means you get the bits you want and don't get feet cropped off, for example.

Our main problem now is where to put it in the house :p

Anne

Comment

To be quite honest, can anyone see what the benefits are of a digital photoframe? I can look at all my photos on the computer.

Comment

Oooooh yes. Stella. We are really looking forward to having ours up. We'll probably put it in the hall where we pass frequently and put the change time on about 10minutes.

What we realised was that on the digital frame we will have photos on display which we would never have bothered to print out and put in a frame. They are nice photos but just not quite the permanent ones you might normally have. When we get tired of them/stop noticing them we can change the set.

Our hall is quite dark and the backlit photo will show up really well. Only got back from daughter's yesterday though so we haven't got round to unpacking it yet. :p

Anne

Comment

In that case Anne I had better get round to reading the instructions then? Do you have to plug them in or is there a battery? Haven't really looked yet.

Comment

After reading the instructions just noticed that ours also supports other formats of card reader thingies!

Didn't much like seeing the usb stick sticking out at the side, so went off to pc world. Bought a sd card, they told me it would go in my lap top and they were right! Much happier now, frame looks a lot better!

I've also found out today that the card in our digital camera can also be plugged into the lap top, saves having to mess around with cables.

Think I now need a lay down, have a headache with all this new information Although I'm quite chuffed with myself for getting it sorted with no problems (yet) - (fingers crossed)
                              Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                What we realised was that on the digital frame we will have photos on display which we would never have bothered to print out and put in a frame. They are nice photos but just not quite the permanent ones you might normally have. When we get tired of them/stop noticing them we can change the set.

Anne
                                Yes thats what I've done Anne. I put on the ones of our lads singing, I had printed them off and got an album full, but it's nice to have them on display.
                                Sue

Comment

Ours has a power supply but no battery. I think it would use batteries too fast, and anyway you would usually leave it in the same place, so near a socket is good!

You don't need to have the USB stick or memory card attached to it! :D The photo frame has its own memory which you can add to and delete in much the same way as you would expect on a computer.

You can also set it so it turns off automatically overnight. And of course you can just switch it off when its not needed to be on display.

Anne

Comment

al these clever people quite make me dizzzy, ours is a AGFA and hardly any instructions with it I was trying to plug the other end of the USB Cable into the back of the Frame turns out you dont do that but plug the other end of the flash drive into it LOL
                                    Have left it for now will try again when I have more patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                      You don't need to have the USB stick or memory card attached to it! :D The photo frame has its own memory which you can add to and delete in much the same way as you would expect on a computer.

Anne
                                      I don't think ours has its own memory There was a section in the instruction book that said about putting photo's into folders which I didn't understand lol

We going out for the day tomorrow to visit my in-laws, so I'll have to have another play with it on Tuesday.
                                      Sue

Comment

This is all mind blowing I think that I will stay with my photographs as my screen saver. They are random and enjoyed by people passing the computer 'junk' room.

Happy New Year to all.
                                        Margaret N
                                        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
                                        X